Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Another shower sample...

Purplesilver_009 I made this card for my now former boss (that's another story!!) for her son and future DIL's wedding shower. I made several samples and this is the one she chose. The shower was held at a Victorian tea room. I thought the cuttlebug BG, the roses and the tea pot charm looked pretty for this invitation. The info was printed on the inside of the cardstock before I made the cards.

They took FOREVER to make considering I rock-n-rolled all those roses!! All 30 cards worth!! lol!! Plus there were way too many layers. What was I thinking?? Never again! (Plus I only charged her the cost for supplies!)


I rock-n-rolled all the roses which takes a lot of cleaning off the stamp in between each layer of each rose!!


I heated the ribbon to make it look more vintage.


I also crumbled the background paper after I stamped on it.  I sprayed a little bit of water on it, than crumpled it up, smoothed it out and ironed it a little bit to flatten it.  This made it look "older" also!


I sponged all the paper edges with their respective ink color. Than I used the splatter stamp from IBB and lightly stamped all over, even the tag.


Stamps:  Roses in Winter, Sincere Salutations, Itty Bitty Backgrounds
Paper: Almost Artichoke, So Saffron, Elegant Eggplant
Ink: same as paper
Other: SU organdy ribbon, tea pot charms (bought on Ebay), Cuttlebug textile embossing folder, lots of mono!!

No comments: