Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Double Slider is Double the Fun!!!

Misccards_005 These cards were so fun to make.  I followed the SCS directions and they were quite easy! After you make a few you can figure out how to change the sizing and placement a little! I made some both vertically and horizontally!


I really like to make cards with different techniques.   I usually give my more detailed cards to "special" people on my list who I know will enjoy it and appreciate the card.


I subscribe to Technique Junkies.  If you have not heard of it by now, it is a newsletter type publication that you can receive at home and also view online.  Every issue has many new techniques to try out on new cards.  Pat Huntoon is the editor and somehow her and her writers keep coming up with new techniques all the time!!


I usually teach myself a technique, make a bunch of samples with it, than demonstrate it at my techniques class .  We usually do 2-3 new techniques each class.


By the way, the Happy Birthday stamp is Paper Trey's Green Thumb set.  The stamp actually says "Hoppy" birthday and I just use my SU Chocolate Chip marker to make it into "Happy".  (There is a grasshopper in that set, hence he Hoppy word!) I like that little stamp though and use it a lot!


Again, lots of sponging her!! You would think I live in a Victorian type home or something but I don't! My house has a rustic, woodsy feel.


Stamps: SU Happy Harmony, PT Green Thumb, SU It's Your Birthday, SU Baroque Motifs, Gina K. Frames and Doodles
Paper: Basic Grey Blush, Chocolate Chip,  Taken with Teal
Other: dimensionals, SU paper piercer, tools per the instructions.


Misccards_004 Here is another Double Slider I made that I thought I would add to this post. This is an ancient SU set, Botanicals,  that has been retired for a long time.  Still one of my favorites, though!!


I cuttlebugged the So Saffron layer than lightly stamped on top of it with the Canvas background stamp that had been inked up with Cranberry Crisp.


The base, in Cranberry Crisp, was stamped with Fine Lace, inked in the same color.


The vanila layer was stamped with French Script with Mellow Moss.


I cased Laurie F.'s color scheme for this card.


Stamps: Botanicals, It's Your Birthday
Paper: Cranberry Crisp, So Saffron, Mellow Moss
Other:  Hodgepodge  Hardware, SU CC ribbon

1 comment:

Rochelle W said...

Both of these are beautiful. I love how you sponge on them to dirty them up. It looks fabulous! Now I want to try to make one of these cards.