Friday, January 4, 2008

I love dragonflies!

Purplesilver_007 Yes, I even have a stained glass dragonfly hanging in my kitchen window!! And they are all over my garden...bronze, ceramic and real ones!!


I embossed the dragonflies with versamark and silver embossing powder. I than simply colored them in using my SU metallic pencils in silver, purple and a mauve color. how simple!!


Used my cuttlebug textile folder to make the background.  Of course I had to cut my paper down a little.  How come they just did not make the folders a little bigger to fit the A2 size? I ran the eggplant pad over the textile background to show its texture.


Matted the dragonflies on silver.....distressed both layers, of course!


My husband said the funniest thing the other day.  He was imitating the sounds he hears coming from my stamping room.  He said "I don't know what you are doing , but all I hear is shwoosh, shwoosh, shwoosh!".  I knew he was talking about we running my scissors against the edge of the cardstock because I'm always doing it. I had a belly laugh over that one!


Stamps: Winged Things
Paper: black, silver, eggplant
Other: silver ep, grosgrain ribbon, Cuttlebug textile folder and tag die, SU metallic pencils

1 comment:

Rochelle W said...

Wow Wow Wow!!! Gorgeous!