Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Resolutions...

One of my New Year's Resolutions was to start commenting on SCS member's cards and on blogs! I have been doing pretty good so far!


Another resolution was to stop hoarding my designer paper and start USING it!! Well, I bought the Cosmo Cricket and although I did use a lot of my Wanted paper I still had plenty of Gretel sitting around waiting.


I had a card of Joan Ervin's in My Favorites for quite awhile so I decided to CASE it and use up at least some of my precious paper.


Cosmo_001


I used the Hansel paper on this card and made all the ovals with my Nestabilities.  Yes, I finally broke down and bought the entire oval set.  I think I need to sell all my Giga and Mega punches since they will probably be seeing a lot of dust now!


I also have an obsessive problem with Dimensionals. I overdose on them on many of my cards.  On this card in particular I popped up the Chocolate Chip layer, and each layer of the Thank You oval design.  I used to crazy about Hodgepodge Hardware but I'm pretty much over with that one!! lol!! (Did I mention I like to sponge a lot too?)


Stamps: Best Blossoms, Garden Silhouettes
Ink:  So Saffron, Ruby Red, Palette Burnt Umber (sentiment), Tim Holt distress Ink Walnut Stain (sponging)
Paper: Ruby Red, Chocolate Chip, So Saffron, Very Vanilla, Cosmo Cricket Hansel
Other: Oval Nestabilities, Hodgepodge Hardware, Ribbon from Archivers, Making Memories Brads, Dimensionals


OK, here is the real CASE card that it so close to Joan's!! I did change it by using different brads, changed the main image and the sentiment.  I know, I am a total copycat!! :P


Cosmo_004_2


2 comments:

Nikki said...

WOWZERS! These are GORGEOUS!!!! {SMILES}

Rochelle W said...

I just saw this on scs and I had to check out your blog. Your cards are gorgeous!!