Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Finally......a product!!!!

It just did not seem like this goal was ever going to happen.  I kept running into obstacles but eventually everything came together and I now have 1 new stamp set ready to go!! Thank GOD for his help! Believe me, I needed it! LOL!!


There was much prep work that had to be done.  The Lighthouse image started out as a sketch drawing that had too much shading in it.  Since this image had to be etched with acid into a magnesium plate it had to be made into line art with no shading.  A little tweaking, a few drawings more and it was finally ready.  I already had the verses done for weeks!


Meanwhile, I had to order my Vulcanizer! I love the sound of that word- VULCANIZER! It sounds so Darth Vaderish! I went to pick up my rubber and learned a very interesting fact.  The company I went to makes the Stampin' Up pads, Little Spots and the reinkers at their plant! I even was able to go on a little tour to see them in action.  Very interesting.....and this is in Northeast Ohio...far from Utah!!


I decided to carry some product in the store so my lone stamp set wasn't lonely! It takes quite awhile to load everything into the website....a real learning experience.


But best of all, I finally was able to stamp a card tonight with the Light of the World set.  I had this really cool watercolor, finger painting-ish ocean wave paper that somehow, with my sickness for layers, I ended up covering most of it up!! You know, to carry on the sea theme!!


Thanks for visiting!


Lighthouse_001


I took a side picture also as I have seen this quite a bit. It really shows you my Dimensional obsessiveness!


Lighthouse_002


Stamps: Our Daily Bread designs Light of the World
Paper: designer paper unknown, River Rock, Soft Sky, Watercolor paper
Ink:  Versafine Black Onyx, Soft Sky, River Rock
Other: Nestabilities, ribbon from Walmart, Cuttlebug little folder(can't think of name)

6 comments:

Susan S. said...

Oh Kelley,
That is just beautiful. You did an awesome job!!! How does it feel to have accomplished this? You are truly gifted!!! God bless your endeavor!!!

Tami Grandi said...

Beautiful! I ill have to wait until the 25th (payday) to order but this will be on my list!

Michelle said...

This card is fabulous! I'm looking forward to seeing all you have to offer!

Bonnie Sharp said...

This is so fabulous! I love the way you did the embossing!

Lastel/STAMPINSTEL said...

Really beautiful , love all the layers !

Lastel/STAMPINSTEL said...

Really beautiful , love all the layers !