Monday, March 3, 2008

My Moose Madness!

I am an avid moose collector! My home has a moose theme throughout the living room, dining room and kitchen.  My family and friends seem to know what to buy me and I have received plenty of moose gifts over the years.  I even have a separate moose tree at Christmas with all moose themed ornaments!!


When I saw that Hanna Stamps had released a bunch of moose stamps, with the super cool name of Riley, I headed right on over! I ordered the Riley  with the cupcake and the one flying the airplane! How darn cute can you get?


Riley_002_2


I have been seeing a lot of Riley's that have been paper pieced.  I had never done paper piecing before so what a great time to give it a try.  I stamp 2 Riley's - one on watercolor paper and one onto designer paper (BasicGrey 2 Scoops) and cut out all the parts of the chair. After I colored in Riley with my only 2 colors of Copic markers that I have (bought especially for him - Sepia and Sand)  I  taped the dp's pieces on top of the coloored in Riley. Tah Dah! I just LOVE how it matches.  I'm all about the matching! lol!!


I thought Riley needed some more dimension so I stamped another Riley, colored him in and than just cut his head out and popped him up with none other than Dimensionals!


Riley_003_3Stamps: Hanna Stamps Riley
Paper: Blue Bayou, Certainly Celery, BasicGrey 2 Scoops
Ink: Versafine Black
Other: Cuttlebug Swiss Dot folder, Copic markers, dimensionals, SU markers

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Well he's fabulous! Just discovered your blog - looking forward to seeing what else you've done.

Rochelle W said...

Super cute. I can't wait to get my dot embossing folder

nancy morgan said...

Riley is ADORABLE = ) ! Love what you've done with him!!

nancy morgan said...

Riley is ADORABLE = ) ! Love what you've done with him!!