Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I've been Tagged!!

Well, I have been tagged before and have quietly ignored them...lol!! So, when Kim Teasdale, from my Design Team, tagged me I thought it time to finally play along!


From what I gather, you are supposed to list 7 weird or odd things about yourself.   Only 7? I could probably list more than that but I will follow the rules! And here the are:


Tagging Game Rules:
1. Link your tagger and list the rules on your blog
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs
4. Let them know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.


Here are my 7 things...
1.  I don't drink regular coffee. It has to have a packet of hot cocoa mixed together with the coffee. I call it "Cocoa Coffee".  My favorite coffee is McDonalds' coffee! I LOVE it!! Yummo!


2.  I have a strange fascination for TV shows about Conjoined Twins (that used to be called Siamese Twins).  Rick, my DH, thinks this is really weird and refuses to watch them with me.  I like to watch the surgeries when they separate them. I guess I feel much compassion for some of them who must live their whole lives in that condition.  A friend, Lynne, a sewer, even bought a twin doll set from the dollar store and joined the twins together and gave it to me...lol!!


3.  I love "watching" sports, although I have never played on a team sport in my life!!  I have spent the last 15 years watching my kids play in their various sports such as hockey, basketball, football, softball, baseball and volleyball! I like to watch college football, like Ohio State or the University of Toledo on TV.  I do not watch professional sports any more since they are generally all overpriced little whiners.


4. I went into Petco a little over a year ago and fell in love with a fish. Yes, a fish.  He just spoke to me!! Since he was a saltwater fish I had to learn how to take care of that kind of tank since I had never done that before.  His name (or hers ??) is Porkie and he is a Porcupine Puffer.  I will post his picture at the bottom of this post.  Look at how cute he is! I have had to buy a new tank because he has grown so much already!


5. I cry very easily but try to hide it from people because it always embarrasses me.  I cry every time I hear the Star Spangled Banner! I think that patriotism was instilled is us more when we were kids than it is nowadays! I also cry for very silly things like if I see a mom and baby laughing together, it just touches me, and reminds me of when my kids were little, and how they are all grown now. Stuff like that!


6.  Last December, at Christmas  break, I quit my job that I had worked for about 7 1/2 years plus a few years subbing. I was involved with the school for a long time, even being the PTO Volunteer of the Year, so it was a difficult decision leaving there.


I would never had guessed than that I would start a business making and selling Christian rubber stamps.  I am sure God put that idea into my head! I did have to learn all about the process and I just figure it out as I go along!! Trial and error! But I am SO HAPPY with what I am doing..all thanks to God!


7.   I spend  some days cutting up rubber stamps all day on a scroll saw.  A power tool! Thank God the blades are not really sharp as I cut myself all the time with knifes.  Some sort of clumsy defect, I guess! 


Well, that is 7...though I could go on!! So now that you think I'm really weird I'll just finish my inviting the following victims...uh ,  I mean ladies to play along!!


1.  Judy Rozema
2.  Lorelie Kim
3.  Angel Wilde
4.  Angie Zublionis
5.  Becca Feeken
6.  Dina Kowal
7.  Amy Sheffer



 Porkie

Ok, I'll be honest..I found this picture on the internet.  Ever try to take a picture of a swimming fish? This does look just like Porkie, though! Doesn't it look like he is smiling?




Let us always meet each other with smile,
for the smile is the beginning of love.
Mother Teresa
 



6 comments:

Lorelie said...

Thanks for making me one of your victims! LOL! I'll play along after I get some cards done. And, if that's what Porkie looks like...he's just as adorable as Buddy!!

MARILYN NIMMO said...

You are too much like me! I mix hot cocoa with my coffee AND quit my job with the school district after 14 years. Congratulations on the success of your new venture.

Lorie said...

I'm a cry-er too. :o) That fish is adorable...no wonder you fell in love!

Kim Teasdale said...

Thanks for playing along Kelley!!! I NEVER drink coffee without my hot chocolate in it!! (I also have a twisited facination with conjoined twins, surgeries...well any kind of real life gore I guess?? I don't know, I guess I just find it educating...I even wanted to watch my own C-section!!!)
Off to see what the other ladies have to say :)
Kim

Amy Sheffer said...

Thanks for the tag, Kelley!! Does this mean I can't quietly ignore it, LOL? Love your random facts, especially your fish. If you hadn't included the picture, I'd have thought you were wacky (well, okay, even MORE wacky ;), but I can totally see falling in love with such a thing! I'll try to play along tomorrow :D

jami {sgtStamper} said...

I must say, that really is a cute fish. I can't even keep a goldfish alive - my boys quit naming them because they died so quickly. When we finally got one that lasted more than 3 months, they named it survivor!!
I too cry at everything...sad, funny, touching, you name it.
hugs, Jami