Saturday, February 28, 2009

An Interview With DT Member Angel Wilde

 Angel_edited-1

Today is an interview with one of our original Design Team members, Angel Wilde.  Angel has a fun blog, Angelosity, and also a gallery at Splitcoaststampers.  We are excited to share a little bit more about her with you today!

How long have you been stamping, and how did you start?
I think it was 1995 when I was invited to my first "stamp party" (Stampin' Up! workshop). I went to be polite to the hostess, but had no intention of buying postage stamps which is what I thought they were selling...LOL
I was hooked from the beginning. I've always loved sending cards. I haven't bought a card in years!


How long have you been on the ODBD DT?
Since it began... one year already!

 
How would you describe your "style"?
That's a hard question. I don't know. Uncomplicated maybe? What is my style?
 
What was the first stamp you ever bought?
Stampin' Up!'s Button Bear and I still have him!
 
Describe the "weirdest" stamp you have.
After looking at my stamps I guess it would have to be my Nebraska Cornhusker mascot...is it Harry or Herbie? I got him to make my dad a card... Go Big Red!
 
What is your favorite medium to work with?
I am not a big fan of coloring, but when I do I usually use a blender pen and the lids of my ink pads.

What is your favorite technique?
I love the simple elegance of embossing.

What is your favorite or most used tool? (Other than the basics: adhesive, scissors, etc.)
Hands down it's my Cuttlebug! I do think the paper piercing tool is underrated though... such a simple inexpensive tool, but it can add magic to your designs!

What inspires you in your stamping?
Other stampers mostly. I love looking at Splitcoast galleries and stamping blogs!

What is one of the top items on your stamping wish list?
I don't want for very much, but there are many dies and folders for my Cuttlebug I'd love to have! Then there is paper....I love paper!

What is one food you couldn't live without?

CHOCOLATE... I have to have chocolate at some point during the day!
Next is corn.. weird I know, but I LOVE corn anything....popcorn, corn on the cob, corn chips, corn nuggets....anything corn!

Is there a song title that reflects your personality?                                                       There is a song by Martina McBride that reminds me of me... mostly because of my name "Wild Angel"...LOL

Do you have any friends that understand your addiction?  (Other than your stamping friends that live in the computer)
Yes, my friend Tracy I think understands.

Anything you'd like to tell about yourself or stamping that I haven't asked?
My favorite color is Soft Sky! But green seems to be a color I can't stop buying things of...ribbon, paper... Green is running over in my stamp room! Does anyone else have that problem?

I'm so happy to be a part of Our Daily Bread Designs which combines two of my loves.... Jesus and Stamping!

----------------

Thank you for sharing your art and heart with us, Angel!

Odbsiggyjudy
Design Team Coordinator

11 comments:

Betty said...

Angel, this was so fun to read!!! I would so love to meet you IRL. I love your song choice!!!! Blessings to you and yours!!!!

Lorelie said...

Let me try this again, shall we? LOL
I knew it was Angel and I saw her picture, but I was thinking of Jane for some reason!
As I said earlier, I loved your interview ANGEL!!! It always so nice to find more things to love about everyone on the DT :)

Pauline Vairo said...

Hi Angel, Great interview. I love your work and the "Our Daily Bread stamps. I've been stamping for about 5-6 years and I'm also an artist. I love making my own cards. I don't belong to any clubs or anything so I'm alittle ignorant about some things, like what is a "paper piercing tool"? I see all these beautiful cards and don't know a lot about the differant techniques that is being done or the tools.
Thanks for your input.
Pauline Vairo

Sarah Taylor said...

This was wonderful. I love learning more about the design team members. I like hearing what they like to use. Maybe ask some more specific questions next time. I would like to even know what brands are their favorite - paper, adhesive, markers, stamp pads, etc. When you live in a small market you see so many different brands on the net and don't know anything about them. I would like to know what they perfer. Thanks for this interview and thanks Angel for doing it!

Kim P said...

Thanks for sharing a bit of yourself with us Angel! You have beautiful work...can't wait to see more!

Angel said...

Hi Pauline!
Thank you for your comment. The paper piercing tool is a fabulous little gadget and can be used for anything from simple little rows of holes in your paper to corner details to elaborate piercing designs. The ODBD store carries the Ornare tool as well as some templates for more intricate piercing designs.
See this link for the Ornares: http://www.ourdailybreaddesigns.com/ornare.html
There are some fabulous samples on that page as well. The Ornare tool is a perfect size and even though I had a piercing tool from a craft store I have ordered that one as well to use with the Ornare templates and those tiny little holes.
~Angel

Tracy Hale said...

Great interview, Angel! Yes, I do truly understand your addiction. After all, we used to "addict" off of each other any chance we got in Kansas! I continue to love your work and you are MY biggest inspiration!!! Stamp-On, sister!!!

Tracy Hale said...

Great interview, Angel! Yes, I do truly understand your addiction. After all, we used to "addict" off of each other any chance we got in Kansas! I continue to love your work and you are MY biggest inspiration!!! Stamp-On, sister!!!

Sharon in NE said...

It's HERBIE Husker! ;) And yes, Go Big Red! Love your work Angel!!

Linda Crowder said...

What fun to open your newsletter tonight and see my friend's face smiling at me! She is one of my first and best on-line buddies and I admire her blog and her work very much. This is part of what makes ODBD special to my heart.

Linda Crowder said...

What fun to open your newsletter tonight and see my friend's face smiling at me! She is one of my first and best on-line buddies and I admire her blog and her work very much. This is part of what makes ODBD special to my heart.