Saturday, March 21, 2009

Grab a Cuppa Tea and Chat With Betty!

BettyFULL


I have to tell you a little story about Bread Basket {aka Design Team) member Betty Wright.  It's maybe doesn't sound like much, but it meant a lot to me. I had always admired Betty's work on Splitcoast, and we got to know each other through challenges and comments.  One week Betty was the Featured Stamper, and somehow the next week we needed a Basic Gray ink pad for a Color Challenge, I think.  I didn't have one and made the comment on the challenge thread (to no one in particular) that I would have to substitute something for it.  Betty sends me a PM (personal message) and said she would send me hers, because she never used it! She didn't even really know me at the time.  I thought it was such a sweet gesture!  And I have used that Basic Gray ink pad a LOT! The very next week, Betty was announced as one of the new Dirty Dozen members on Splitcoast.  I was really excited for her, and thought my Basic Gray pad was now extra special!  LOL
Betty is a real sweetheart, and I am happy to share some of her thoughts and answers with you today!


How long have you been stamping, and how did you start?
I have been stamping for about 7 years.


How long have you been on the ODBD DT?
I think I started in November or December of 2008.


How would you describe your "style"?
I would describe my style as Executive Flair!  What is that? Well, I think of the clean modern look of an executive’s office and desk with very minimal furnishings. Yet, there is symmetry, balance of color, and details that adds a richness to the room that says stylish. The flair part is a little poetic license with this design style from time to time.


What was the first stamp you ever bought?
I think it was a two-step stamping set from SU.


Describe the "weirdest" stamp you have.
I have a sentiment stamp that says….”never step in anything soft.”  I think that is pretty weird because it can only imply ONE thing, right?  A whole stamp devoted to that?  What is odd?  I bought it!!!!!


What is your favorite medium to work with?
Lately I have started dabbing with permanent markers and copics. I use permanent markers only because I do not have enough copics. NEED MORE COPICS!!!


What is your favorite technique?
Dry embossing with my cuttlebug. It is fast and easy…and LOOKS great!!! Does that count?


What is your favorite or most used tool? (Other than the basics: adhesive, scissors, etc.)
Embossing folders and die cuts. The cuttlebug is the machine I use with those!!!!


What inspires you in your stamping?
I love looking all around me for inspiration. From magazine adds, commercials, billboard signs. I am forever looking for sketches and color combos.


What is one of the top items on your stamping wish list?
I eventually want to own a Spellbinder die cut machine and at least 50 more Copic markers!!!!


What is one food you couldn't live without?
Mexican....is that ONE?  LOL


Is there a song title that reflects your personality?
“Somewhere Over the Rainbow“!!!! I LOVE color and I am sort of out there!!!! LOL!!!!


Do you have any friends that understand your addiction? (Other than your stamping friends that live in the computer)
NO!!!! No one other than my computer friends understands what I do. I am through justifying my behavior (hiding in a craft room all day) to people. I just do not mention it. My husband RARELY asks what I did today because he does NOT want to hear the answer.


Thank you, Betty, for your kind words to everyone in the Bread Basket, and for your beautiful art work!  Here is one of my favorite cards of Betty's:

TheAlmighty032009bygbedwright_by_gbedwright

And now for a WINNER from the Scripture Scramble Contest during Anniversary Week!

We had over 300 entries, and I used random.org to choose our winner!  Congratulations to Tami, whose email was #183, for winning the ODBD set of her choice and a selection of cards made by some of the Bread Basket's Breadsticks {aka Design Team}.  Tami, please email your name, address and choice of set to kelley@ourdailybreaddesigns.com by MARCH 23.  Thanks to everyone who played along!  There were so many entries that I was unable to personally respond to each of you, but we appreciated all the kind comments!


Random Integer Generator


Here are your random numbers:


183	

Timestamp: 2009-03-20 20:54:04 UTC

Here is Tami's entry:

>Here you go:

Proverbs 30:8
Keep falsehood and lies far from me; give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread.

Delighting in HIM,
Tami
Zephaniah 3:17<

Thanks for sharing part of your Saturday with us!
Odbsiggyjudy

3 comments:

Tami Grandi said...

You just totally made my day! Off to email right now!

Kim P said...

Love this card by Betty! I will be checking out her gallery in more detail.
Congrats to Tami for winning the blog hop contest! Enjoy your new stuff!

Betty said...

This is great, Judy!!!! Thanks for the questions and interview!!!!! I am glad that you are enjoying your ink pad!!!!