Saturday, March 28, 2009

Thank You, Holly!

We have been so blessed to have Holly McMillen {aka Toy} as one of our Guest Designers.  Holly's two-month Guest Designer term was February and March.  So before she leaves us,  we wanted to sit down and have a little chat with Holly about some stamping (and other) things!  Grab a chair and join us!


Holly and me


How long have you been stamping, and how did you start?
I
began stamping in 2001 when a friend of mine took me to my first SU!
party.   I had been making embellished journals before that, but had
never used a rubber stamp!


How would you describe your "style"?
That is a good question!   Sometimes I am an embellisher... other times I am limited.   I think it goes with my mood.


What was the first stamp you ever bought?
My first stamp set was a SU! set called Little
Somethings.   I still have it :)

 
Describe the "weirdest" stamp you have.
Hmmm... I have a piece of pizza stamp that I designed!
 
What is your favorite medium to work
with?
Are we talking coloring?  If so, Copics by a landslide.  
 
What is your favorite technique?
3D.   I love to cut things out and pop them.   I also love making boxes, bags and other containers.
 
What is your favorite or most used tool? (Other than the basics: adhesive, scissors, etc.)
Definitely my Copics.   After that it has to be my x-acto knife.

What inspires you in your stamping?
God.   Nature... people.   I clump them all together.   I find inspiration everywhere I look.


What is one of the top items on your stamping wish list?
To own ALL of the Nesties.   I can't believe it took me so long to get on that bandwagon!

What is one food you couldn't live without?
Uh...... chocolate!   DUH!

Is there a song title that reflects your personality? 
Dust in the Wind.    'Nuff said.

Holly has made some simply beautiful creations for us during her term.  Here are some favorites:
Lily_Under_Glass

Dd-dda-march-09-challenge
 
 Scripture-notebook

Holly, thank you so much for spending the last two months with us! 

---The Bread Basket {aka The Design Team}



5 comments:

Amy Sheffer said...

Thank you for joining us, Holly, and for your fabulous creations! You rock, girlfriend!!

Kelley Holland said...

Holly, it has been a real pleasure having you join us as a guest! Thank you so very much!! God bless you!

Lorelie said...

You've come up with such beautiful creations and we loved having you in the Bread Basket!!

Kathy J (aka Wattle) said...

Bye Holly! It has been wonderful to see your ODBD creations!!!

Kim P said...

Holly...your art is so creative and inspirational!! We will miss you here...but I will keep an eye on your SCS gallery!!