Saturday, May 9, 2009

Chat With Guest Designer Sandee!

Sandy-126x165

Sandee Shanabrough has been a Guest Designer for us the last few months and we have certainly enjoyed her beautifully embellished projects~

Today we wanted to share a little bit about her stamping background and ideas with you!


How long have you been
stamping, and how did you start?
About
10 years ago, I was invited to a Stampin' Up! Party and the rest is, as they say,
history!

How long have you been on the ODBD DT?
I just
started!  I am a guest designer through June!  I am thrilled beyond words!


How would you describe your
"style"?

I guess I
would have to say I am cluttery!  The
more stuff I can put on a card the happier I am! 


What was the first stamp you ever bought?
A Stampin' Up!
Set called Gift Tags.


Describe the "weirdest"
stamp you have.

I don’t think
I have any weird stamps! 


What is your favorite medium to work
with?

I love
ModPodge. 


What is your favorite technique?
I like
sponging probably the best!


What is your favorite or most used
tool? (Other than the basics: adhesive, scissors, etc.)
My Cuttlebug, hands down!  I am also really into Copic markers right
now.


What inspires you in your stamping?

I get most of
my inspirations from SCS and magazines.


What is one of the top items on your stamping wish list?
More stamps of course!  And Spellbinders dies!


What is one food you couldn't live
without?

A day without
a bowl of Post Selects Crunchy Pecans cereal is like a day without sunshine!


And I absolutely love McDonald’s French fries!

Is there a song title that reflects your personality? 
I asked my
dear hubby for help with this question and he immediately began singing:


"Crazy!"  So
there ya go!


Do you have any friends that understand your addiction?  (Other
than your stamping friends that live in the computer)
Yes and I have managed to convert a few over to the
obsession!


Anything you'd like to tell about yourself or stamping that I haven't
asked?


Well,
let’s see.   I love to read
mysteries.  I listen to country
music.  I watch House, CSI, American Idol
and Braves baseball.  I love rainy days
and I wish for snow every winter (but I’m a native GA girl where snow just
doesn’t happen!)  My favorite flower is a
daisy.  My favorite color is green.  I love going to antique stores.  My hair is completely gray and has been for a
long time (I’m only 48!).  I love holding
babies and listening to children laugh. 
I wish I didn’t eat so much!  I
love cats but don’t have any at the moment. 
I‘m scared of dogs and my hubby has three!  I love to laugh!!!  And I guess that’s enough about me for
now! 




I happen to love Patsy Cline, so "Crazy" is okay with me, Sandee!  We
have really enjoyed getting to know you, and are thrilled you could
take part in the Anniversary Celebration in March too!  Here is a look at two of
my favorite cards by Sandee:

I_Praise_You_O_Lord_1_ Pirouette_Pirch_1_
Be sure to check out all of Sandee's creations in her SCS Gallery!  We look forward to seeing the rest of her May projects, and also what she will make in June!

Odbsiggyjudy DT Coordinator

5 comments:

Mary Dinucci said...

I just want to tell you how very much I enjoy reading your "chats" with these wonderfully interesting stampers!
Sandee's cards are fabulous too.

Lorelie said...

Wonderful cards, Sandee!! I love sponging, too! Such little effort but BIG impact :). We sooooo enjoy working with you!!

Amy Sheffer said...

Woohoo Sandee!! So glad to have you as part of the ODBD team! Both your talent and your sweet personality have been such a blessing to all of us!

Kim P said...

Sandee, I always enjoy your beautiful creations! I look forward to seeing even more in the future!
(But I am a Chicago Cubs fan!! WooHoo!)

Angella Crockett said...

Sandee, you are AWESOME and it is a total blast with you on our DT! Wow, you have created some masterpieces with the ODBD sets! And, though I'm a Cubbie fan first, I used to enjoy watching Tommy Glavin and the Braves!!!