Saturday, May 23, 2009

Jane Is In The Hot Seat Today!

Today we have put Bread Basket member Jane Wetzel in the Hot Seat to answer some questions about herself and share a little bit about her stamping style:
Just_me_1_
How long have you been stamping, and how did
you start?
I can't remember how long I have been stamping, however, seriously stamping
would be after I took an art class at a friend's house and we stamped Christmas
cards
.


How long have you been on the ODBD
DT?

I have been with ODBD since the beginning, if not sooner.  I
have known Kelley, the owner, for several years now. Our boys went to school
together and played sports together.


How would you describe your
"style"?

My style is " anything but plain"
hence the name of my blog!  I do believe I am an old hippie at
heart.


What was the first stamp you ever bought?

I can't remember the first stamp I ever bought...I think it may
have been a Christmas stamp.




Describe the "weirdest" stamp you
have.

The weirdest stamp..hmmm ...might be one I
have that says..."It's your birthday, time to iron your face again" 
ha ha ha-----  or I do have another one of a fat man doing the
splits!


What is your favorite
technique?

 
I probably don't have a favorite technique cuz I like them
all.



What is your favorite or most used tool?
(Other than the basics: adhesive, scissors,
etc.)


My most used tool changes periodically...right now it is
punches!


What inspires you in your
stamping?

Every day
experiences inspire me to stamp.  But I love to look at everyone's work to
get inspired also.


What is one of the top items on your
stamping wish list?
A top item on my stamp list right now could be a
Wizard,..I have one on order!  I also would like some
more Copics!



What is one food you couldn't live
without?
One food I
could not live without would be my morning latte...my friends will testify to
that!

(Jane tells us that Kelley carries a package of hot chocolate with her to put in her morning coffee!)

Is there a song title that reflects your
personality? 
Any song by Carly Simon reflects my personality...her stories are
awesome.


Do you have any friends that understand
your addiction?  (Other than your stamping friends that live in the
computer)

My best friend understands my stamping addiction...that would be
my husband.


Anything you'd like
to tell about yourself or stamping that I haven't asked?

I love ALL art and I always have.  It is an awesome
release for me and I just can't seem to get enough!  My Faith is what keeps
me going first and foremost and I thank God I can enjoy what I do because of Him....



I can certainly testify to the whole "morning Latte" thing - WOW! 
Definitely a true statement~!


Here are a couple of my favorite cards that Jane has made:September_00821st_anniv_jpeg_wm

You can see more of Jane's wonderful creations at her blog, Anything But Plain Jane, at her ODBD Card Gallery, and at her SCS Gallery!
Read her bio here!


Odbsiggyjudy DT Coordinator

4 comments:

Lorelie said...

Jane, you can mail me a Starbucks gift card anytime :)

Kathy J (aka Wattle) said...

WOOHOO!!! Go Jane!!! Your work totally ROCKS and it really doesn't surprise me that you consider yourself and old hippie or you love coffee and punches....it was the stamp of the man doing the splits that got me!!! :) LOL!!

Kelley Holland said...

Jane..you kick butt, girl!

Marijke said...

I love your cards Jane
Soooo beautiful!!
Marijke