Saturday, June 20, 2009

An Audience with Angella!

Let's visit with Angella Crockett today!

Angie is known around the Bread Basket as one of the best chocolate chip cookie makers bar none (chocolate chip bars would be good too)! Let's find out some more about her!

Avatar_2_


How long have you been stamping, and how did you start?

My cousin's wife, Margo, became a Stampin' Up demonstrator in 2003 and asked if I would like to host a party. I had never heard of this company and even asked her to spell it!!! I didn't know the first thing about cards or scrapbooking, but as soon as I saw the catalog, I was hooked!

How long have you been on the ODBD DT?

Since December '08...only a few months, but it seems like I've known these gals for years!!!! What an awesome company...I'm so blessed!!!

How would you describe your "style"?

I'm not sure what my "style" IS, since I adapt to each project and each recipient, however, my "style" is NOT "cutesie"...that I know of!!!

What was the first stamp you ever bought?

The very first time I opened a catalog, I bought "Spring Pansy" and three SU markers...Barely Banana, Mellow Moss, and Lavender Lace. (Talk about "humble beginnings"!)

Describe the "weirdest" stamp you have.

My friend gave me one of her duplicates stamps, which says, "I love you, respect you and admire you." I can't imagine a situation for which this would be used! It's a weird stamp to use for someone you "love", and it would be REALLY weird for someone you "respect and admire"! Is it just me?!

What is your favorite medium to work with?

Ooooh....hands down, I love to color with sponge daubers and SU ink pads! If I had a video camera, I would love to do a tutorial!!

What is your favorite technique?

When I'm not coloring with sponge daubers, I LOVE to watercolor!!!
What is your favorite or most used tool? (Other than the basics: adhesive, scissors, etc.)
Hehehe....my paper piercer and mat pack!!!

What inspires you in your stamping?

E V E R Y T H I N G ! ! ! ! Mostly scenery, but anything I see, from wallpaper, to clothing, to buildings....you name it! (Ask my hubby....every time I shriek with a new idea, he says, "Woman, you're killin' me!!!" (In a loving way, of course!!!)

What is one of the top items on your stamping wish list?

More Nestabilities!!! Time is so valuable...making frames the "hard way" is much more difficult and time consuming!

What is one food you couldn't live without?

Buttah, baby!!!

Is there a song title that reflects your personality?

Twenty years ago, it was "Red-neck Girl" by the Bellamy Brothers. TODAY, it has to be Francesca Battistelli's "Free To Be Me"...my new anthem!

Do you have any friends that understand your addiction? (Other than your stamping friends that live in the computer)

Yes, my friend Melanie, but unfortunately we don't see each other enough!!! :(

Anything you'd like to tell about yourself or stamping that I haven't asked?

I used to believe that my "path" was to help people with their health, but physical health MUST be accompanied by emotional and spiritual health. Through papercrafting, I am able to inspire others while leading them to God's word....total package deal!!!

Here are two of my favorite Angie creations:

Keep_My_Lamp_Burning_3_1_

Worship_the_Lord_3_Vellum_Shade_2

Be sure to visit Angie's blog, Body, Mind, Spirit and STAMPS!

and her ODBD Card Gallery~

Odbsiggyjudy DT Coordinator

4 comments:

RitaR said...

Hello Angella! I'm always in awe of your stamping creations and love that you minister to others through the scripture images you include in so many of your cards. You mentioned wanting to make a video tutorial showing your sponging techniques. PLEASE, PLEASE borrow a camera and share your skills!! I'll look forward to seeing it in the near future (hint! hint!).

Lorelie said...

You are one talented card artist, Angella!! God has blessed you with a gift! We're so glad you came on board the DT!! You totally rock!!

Grace said...

Angela I am in total awe of you and all your fabulous creations! Your talent is amazing! I also have grown to love you as I've gotten to know you better while I've been working with you on the ODBDDT! You are one sweet sister in Christ and yes... I love you, respect you and admire you! LOL! I agree that's a weird stamp... but it fits here!!!

Jan Hennings said...

Absolutely gorgeous projects..love the lamp shade :)