Saturday, June 13, 2009

Chatting With Chris~

It's time to meet another Bread Basket member and chat with her about her stamping -- and more!  Pull up a chair and have a "cuppatea" with Chris today!

Chris

Chris Olsen, also known as glowbug on SCS, is a prolific stamper with an eye for embellishment!  Take a look at this beauty that Chris made using May God Hold You:

DSC03685_JPGcroppedwatermark_resized
Let's find out more about her!

How long have you been stamping, and how did you start?

I have been stamping for over 6 years. I was introduced to stamping through my sister who is a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator. I just had become a stay at home mom and needed to have an out or way to escape. Each time we would get together she would bring her stamps and that is how my addiction began.

How long have you been on the ODBD DT?

I joined the ODBD DT right after Christmas last year.

How would you describe your "style"?

My style can quite eclectic but I mostly would describe it as detailed. While I enjoy shabby chic, elegant and cutesy, they all have detail to go with it.

What was the first stamp you ever bought?

My first stamp was from Stampin' Up! and it was one of the watercolor sets. I still have it today!

Describe the "weirdest" stamp you have.

I would say my weirdest stamp is a pair of feet. I am not sure why I may have bought it but I guess it could be used for baby cards.

What is your favorite medium to work with?

I really enjoy coloring with any medium, whether it be Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol, watercoloring, or Copics. I don't use Copics as often because I don't have a very large supply of them.

What is your favorite technique?

My favorite technique is dry embossing using my Cuttlebug and cutting things out and layering them. I love texture and dimension and this is such an easy way to add it.

What is your favorite or most used tool? (Other than the basics: adhesive, scissors, etc.)

My favorite tool is the Cuttlebug because I use it for dry embossing, so many dies, and all of my Nestabilities. I also love my sewing machine that provides a finishing touch.

What inspires you in your stamping?

I am inspired by God, things I see in pictures and magazines, nature, books, and other stampers. I love looking at the creations of others. I am always looking around me for ideas and inspiration.

What is one of the top items on your stamping wish list?

One of the type items on my wishlist is a MUCH larger selection of Copics and more of the Spellbinders Nestabilities.

What is your favorite ODBD set and why?
This is such a hard question because I have so many favorites from Our Daily Bread Designs for so many different occasions. I especially love the Sing to the Lord set but my new favorite is Quiet Waters! Throughout nature you see God's glory all around us.....these images and verses share the tranquility and peace God gives to us through nature. What a blessing he has bestowed upon us. My second favorite would be the Scripture Collection sets. So many or my favorite verses are put on a stamp. These verses bring me such hope and comfort. The fonts Kelley used are gorgeous!!

What is one food you couldn't live without?

I love chocolate! It is very hard from me to resist!!

Is there a song title that reflects your personality?

As much as I enjoy music, I have a really hard time coming up with a song title that reflects my personality. I know my goal in life can be described with the title "I'll Walk With God".

Do you have any friends that understand your addiction (other than your stamping friends that live in the computer)?
I am lucky to have my sister share my passion for stamping. While my husband understands that I enjoy it and that it is an escape and always supports, I do not believe he fully understands why I spend numerous hours creating and then numerous hours communicating with other who share my addiction on the computer.

Anything you'd like to tell about yourself or stamping that I haven't asked?

I really enjoy being on the ODBD DT where I can share my love for stamping and Jesus with such a talented, generous and warm group of ladies (who have become like a family to me) using such awesome stamps that inspire others.


Be sure to check out Chris's creations in the ODBD Card Gallery, as well as her blog, Twinkles Glow With Stamps! You can read more about Chris here.

Odbsiggyjudy DT Coordinator

6 comments:

Angella Crockett said...

Yay, Chris!!! What a beautiful person and extremely talented stamper you are! God Bless!

priscilla aka priscillastyles said...

Loved reading all about your Chris..you just keep on amazing me day after day :)

Carolyn said...

Loved reading this and learning about you. Also love having the opportunity to be on a DT with you. It is very rewarding and a great learning experience for me to see you and other wonderful artists like you that can really help me flourish in my own artistry. Also love that we share a love of Jesus and let our internal inspiration come from that. Thank you for sharing a piece of yourself with us!! Will always love looking at your work!! You have an amazing talent.
Carolyn
http://creativecardcorner.blogspot.com/

Grace said...

Chris you have become a big part of my stamping life... both in your sweet and encouraging comments on my blog and even more importantly by sharing your incredible talent with all of us! I love all the details you put into your cards and I am in awe of your sewing skills! I love that we are Sisters in Christ and have some other common bonds as well! I am so enjoying working together with you as GD for ODBD! I loved reading this and getting to know you better!!!

Chris Olsen said...

God has blessed me with some wonderful friends. I am overcome with emotion as I read these comments. You are all so near and dear to my heart. Thanks for your love and support!

Lorelie said...

Chris, you are the sweetest!!! We love you and your creativity!!