Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Customer Card of the Day - Kathie Bailey

I love it when my eyes zero-in on a "WOWZA!" card!  The particular WOWZA card that nearly yanked my eyes out of their sockets was this Keep My Lamp Burning beauty by Kathie Bailey:


Darknesslight_copy


I love the masculine feel to her card. The grosgrain ribbon and ribbon loop didn't take away from the manliness which isn't an easy task to accomplish.  The sponging around the edges gave the card a subtle glow as well as an 'old world' feel.  Kathie's layering and choice of decorative papers were absolute perfection as the lighthouse and scripture stood out majestically!


Thank you for creating such a beautiful card, Kathie!


If you'd like to see more of her wonderful work, please visit her at:


 Just an Inkling (her blog)


kassieb (SCS gallery)


Odbsiggylorelie Blog/Product Review Coordinator


 

8 comments:

Angella Crockett said...

Ooooh, wow! This is fantastic! I love the rustic/distressed look! Cool hardware too!

Kelley said...

This is such a really cool card!! Love it

Judy Rozema said...

Wonderful job in every way!

Kathie Bailey said...

Wow, what a thrill to have my card selected! Thank you so much for the honor Lorelie.

Grace said...

Oh I love this set and Love what Kathie did with it!!! The colors and old world feel are fabulous! I just got this set out today to make a card... now I am really inspired to do it!!!

Lovely Linda said...

This is DIVINE (literally) Love this card Kathie - it is so perfectly masculine, but mind you, as a woman I wouldn't mind getting it either!! Love the sponged and distressed look and the 'earthy' feel it has!! Stunning - thank you for sharing it with us!! God bless you!

Jeanne F said...

This is just beautiful, I agree - this would be perfect for a woman also. The distressing is perfect!

Chris O said...

This is magnificent!! Love the layout and colors!! The distressing is beautiful!