Saturday, July 25, 2009

Just a Bit About Judy

Today we visit with Bread Basket Member and DT Coordinator, Judy Rozema.

P1200277

How long have you been stamping, and how did
you start?

I first began stamping way back in 1992, when I found a couple of fun images at an office store in Arizona.  After moving to Nebraska and discovering a lack of craft stores, I heard about Stampin' Up! and immediately signed up to be a
demonstrator, just so I would have access to supplies!  I didn't stamp a lot, until I found SCS in 2004.


How long have you been on the ODBD
DT?
Kelley first asked me to be a Guest Designer and then I joined the regular Bread Basket in August of 2008. I have been the DT Coordinator since January 2009.


How would you describe your
"style"?

I am not sure that I have one particular style.  I like things straight and organized -- I guess I am "MOTR" - (middle of the road) - as my friend, Juliana, calls it.  I like some layers and embellishments, but not a ton. I like several different image styles too, so I guess I could have an eclectic style! 

What was the first stamp you ever bought?

A giraffe!  I still have it.
 
Describe the "weirdest" stamp you
have.

Probably a broken cow head skull with horns.  I did not buy it -- it was sent to me in an order for "free." Go figure!
 
What is your
favorite medium to work with?

I love to watercolor! I use markers and water, reinkers and an aqua brush, and paint! 


What is your favorite
technique?

Polished Stone ranks up at the top! I love the marbled loo
k.


What is your favorite or most used tool?
(Other than the basics: adhesive, scissors,
etc.)

Gotta be my Cuttlebug and my Stamp-a-ma-Jig!!





What is your favorite ODBD set and why?
My favorite would have to be the Scripture Collections.  It was really special to have all the DT members submit favorite verses to be made into a stamp set. I had a hard time choosing, and think I changed my mind three times! 

What inspires you in your
stamping?

Good photographs with lots of color - textures - and two people that I consider my stamping heroes -- Tosh and Amy.
They are amazing designers! I am honored to call them friends, and am blessed to have met both of them in person!

What is one of the top items on your
stamping wish list?
ADHESIVE.  Any kind -- I am always running out!


Do you have a favorite black ink that you like to use?
I use several, but really like VersaFine Black Onyx.

What is one food you couldn't live
without?
I suppose it would have to be chicken.  I could eat chicken just about every day.  I love chocolate, but could actually live without it.  Now Diet Coke --- that is another thing!

Is there a song or book title that reflects your
personality? 
Maybe "Hey Jude"?  :)

When is the best time of day for you to be creative?
EARLY!!  I am up by 5 almost every day and I spend the first hour or so in my stamp room!


Anything you'd like
to tell about yourself or stamping that I haven't asked?

I am so glad that I discovered stamping.  It is such a creative outlet for someone that can't draw or paint! It is something that my mom and sister and I love to do together and I really love that.  My family is so supportive of my efforts - even if they tease me and roll their eyes when I get excited about brads, or ribbon -- or ADHESIVE!  :)
Through stamping, I have met (online and in person) MANY wonderful people (including Kelley and the Bread Basket members!) that I am blessed to call my friends!

Here is one of my favorite designs of Judy's:

022509_Potter_ODBD
Be sure to check out Judy's blog, Joy in a JAR,  and her SCS Gallery!
Thanks for sharing some of your Saturday with us!

5 comments:

Betty said...

This is fantastic, Judy!!! Thanks so much for sharing!!!

Julie (justwritedesigns) said...

Loved reading this about you, Judy! I wanted to thank you and Kelley for the lovely comments you left on my blog today. I appreciate them so much and I've admired the work you do w/ ODBD beautiful images. I remember the one above w/ the pots and it's one of my favorites, too!

Kelley said...

Judy, that is an awesome card! Cool colors and I love that piercing!!

Grace Nywening said...

Judy it was so good getting to know you a little better and I too love that piercing template! I just got it and can't wait to start playing with it! It's been great working with you these past two months!

Chris O said...

What a great interview Judy!! I love this card!! Great colors and I just love the piercing!! It has a very southwestern feel to it!