Saturday, July 18, 2009

Let's Talk With Angie Z.!

Today we are chatting with Bread Basket member Angie Zublionis.  Pull up a chair and spend some time with us learning more about her!

Angie1

How long have you been stamping, and how did you start?
I started with scrapbooking in the summer of 2001. I was recently married and didn't have a teaching job yet so I decided to create a scrapbook of our wedding. I just plunged right on into the scrapbooking world and was having a blast. A few months later a friend invited me to go along to this home party thingy called  "Stampin' Up!"  I said I would go but I wasn't interested in stamping, just getting some scrapping ideas! Little did I know.... I made fast work transitioning into stamping. Fast forward 8 years and my scrapbooks are so dusty and neglected but I have a wonderful assortment of stamped cards on hand at all times!  About 4 years ago, when we moved from Florida to North Carolina, seems to be when I really started to focus on developing my own style and trying new techniques.
 
How long have you been on the ODBD DT?
Kelly contacted me at the beginning of April in 2008, right after ODBD first launched and I've been a part of this awesome ministry ever since.

How would you describe your "style"?
I'm generally drawn to and most comfortable with vintage, elegant, shabby chic, and floral styles. I absolutely adore all things flowers! I also lean more towards a distressed and aged look over simple and clean. Many times my creations have "more" and not "less" on them.  I rarely do cutesy. I like the cutesy style that others have but I have a hard time with it myself.  I try to challenge myself with at making one-layer cards at times. So would that mean that a one-layer cutesy card would be the ultimate challenge for me? Might just be! LOL!

What was the first stamp you ever bought?
I actually had some stamps in my college days, not that I knew what to do with them though. I had a few Winnie the Pooh stamps and a baby seal. I probably picked them because they were cute. My first stamp purchase after getting introduced to stamping for real was the a cutesy stamp called Home, Tweet Home from Stampin' Up! Yeah, I really didn't know what to do with it, either!

Describe the "weirdest" stamp you have.
Hmmmm... Off the top of my head, I have a sentiment stamp that says "Famous last words..." No idea how I got my hands on it but I have it and I'm not really sure what to do with it. So it's never seen ink.

What is your favorite medium to work with?
It took me awhile to get comfortable with aqua painters and reinkers but that's probably my favorite now. I recently invested in some copics and I have a lot to learn with them still!

What is your favorite technique?
Making things dirty! I love to distress paper and ink it all up by sponging and inking directly on paper!

What is your favorite or most used tool? (Other than the basics: adhesive, scissors, etc.)
A paper distresser. At any given time there are 4 or 5 of them on my scrap table. I'd be lost without 'em!

What is your favorite ODBD set and why?
Sing to the Lord and the Scripture Collections are my favorites year-round sets. I think Sing to the Lord has such beautiful images and I just love the awesome variety of wonderful scripture verses that the design team girls contributed for the Scripture Collections. Each selection has a truly special & wonderful meaning and all together it's a powerful set of verses to inspire, encourage or bless anyone. I also adore Christmas stamps as well so Joy to the World is a favorite Christmas set to go to for holiday cards.

What inspires you in your stamping?
I'm very visual and find myself quickly inspired by beautiful things around me, such as flowers and nature as well as rich vibrant colors. I love to browse through home decor & garden magazines or websites and nature photography always inspires me.

What is one of the top items on your stamping wish list?
An organized stamp studio? LOL! I'll keep dreaming!
Definitely more Nestabilities and I'm always keeping an eye out for beautiful flower embellishments.

Do you have a favorite black ink that you like to use?
Currently, I've been a fan of Ranger Archival Ink Jet Black.

What is one food you couldn't live without?
Since chocolate is a given, I would have to say shrimp!

Is there a song or book title that reflects your personality?
Goodness! I love to read and I love music so it's hard to nail down just one. I do collect children's books and have a large collection so maybe one of them? Possibly Giggle, Giggle, Quack? Hee Hee :)

When is the best time of day for you to be creative?
Night! I'm totally a nightowl and always have been. Seems to be when I get the most inspired. I also seem to be most inspired and creative when I'm surrounded by a bit of a mess. Don't ask me why but I just seem to function best with some clutter piled around me!

Anything you'd like to tell about yourself or stamping that I haven't asked?
Recently I've decided to get back into my scrapping. I have several family albums in the works. They're coming along, slowly but surely. I think I just might need a whole other room to devote just to it! We'll see what happens!
 
I do believe that I'm so blessed to have found such a wonderfully creative hobby to be a part of and to have met so many wonderful friends through it from all around the world! Eight years ago I never could have imagined myself doing this and being part of such a great team! I'm so glad that God knows best and brings us to places we never would have reached on our own!

Here is one of my favorite creations by Angie:

Dark_night_light_DWQWM_sm
You can read more about Angie HERE.  Be sure to stop by her ODBD Card Gallery and her blog, Quacking Creations.  She has some beautiful photographs too!

Odbsiggyjudy DT Coordinator

4 comments:

Grace said...

Great interview Angie! I enjoyed getting to know another North Carolinian better! Love your style!

Angella Crockett said...

Awesome interview, Ang!!! I would love to see your scrappin' work....it's got to be as cool as your cards, especially with your fantastic photography!!

Laurie said...

Thanks for sharing, Angie. I really like the lighthouse card sample that Judy posted here.

Kelley Holland said...

So cool reading about you and learning more about you, Ang!!