Thursday, July 23, 2009

Time With Connie

It's Thursday and time for "Time With....."!  Every Tuesday and Thursday,
one of the Bread Basket members will share a project with you here, and
then you can hop on over to their personal blog for more good stuff!

Today it's time with Connie McCotter, one of the new July Bread Basket members!

ODBD 072309 BLOG POST MOTHER TERESA INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE BOOK
Connie says: I have seen many inspirational quote books, and when I saw all the wonderful quotes in both Our Daily Bread designs Mother Teresa and Let Us Begin sets, I thought it would be fun to create my very own inspirational quote book with them!

For
the cover, the background paper was created by using glossy paper and
alcohol inks to give it a sort of marbled look. The images and
sentiment are all stamped in black craft and then heat embossed with
clear EP. Additionally, the two flowers in the corner images were
stamped again, heat embossed, cut out and the placed over the already
stamped images. The corners have been ticketed, and then adorned with a
few Hero Arts black half pearls. Finally, I created the book with my bind-it-all, and added some black and rose red ribbons across the spiral top.

ODBD 072309 BLOG POST QUOTE 1 - CMC
These
two wonderful sets have a total of seven quotes, so I then used the
remaining six quotes within the book. I have a few samples of the inner
pages here for you. This first page uses the larger of the two lotus flower corner image, while the second uses the smaller lotus corner image.

For
these pages, I used the largest Label 1 Nestabilities. Again, the
sentiment and images were stamped in black craft ink, and heat embossed
with clear embossing powder. Additionally, each of the lotus flowers
were stamped and embossed on some more of the alcohol ink covered
glossy white paper, cut out, and popped up on a few dimensionals.

ODBD 072309 BLOG QUOTE 2 - CMC
Thank you so much for visiting today, and I hope a few of these quotes from my quote book have inspired you!


Quote Book Details:

Images: Let us Begin, Mother Teresa
Paper: Basic Black, Rose Red, Glossy White, Whisper White
Inks: Raisin Alcohol ink, Pearl Alcohol ink additive, Black Craft
Accessories: Clear EP, Hero Arts Black Half Pearls, Ticket Corner Punch, Black Ribbon, Rose Red Ribbon, Chipboard, Label 1 Nestabilities


Be sure to visit Connie's blog, McStampin' Dusk til Dawn, as well as her SCS Gallery!

7 comments:

Grace Nywening said...

Oh my goodness Connie! This is an amazing project! I LOVE the quote book! What a great idea this would be for a gift! Your cover is sooo pretty with those ribbons tied on! I just love it! So glad you have joined the ODBd team.... your work is lovely!

Kelley said...

Wow, Connie, that is a really cool project!! The colors care gorgeous. I have always wanted a bind it all...hhhmmm!!

Patty W said...

Thank YOU so much for a wonderful project ! Wow... always gives one pause to think!

Angella Crockett said...

Connie, this is sooooo awesome!! I love it! What a fantastic idea....I love every one of those Mother Teresa quotes too...this is a perfect way to showcase them all!!!

Kim P said...

Connie...what an amzing poject and gift idea!! I never thought I needed a Bind-it-All. Now I'm thinking Yes I do!
Thanks a lot, you enabler you!!

Melisa Waldorf said...

What a wonderful idea! I love the marbeled look Connie! Gorgeous!

Chris O said...

This is gorgeous Connie!! I love it!! What a great gift!! Your coloring and colors beautifully frame these awesome quotes!