Saturday, August 22, 2009

An Interview With ConnieMcCotter

Connie McCotter joined the design team at ODBD in July and we are thrilled to have her as part of the Bread Basket.  Let's chat with Connie and see what new things we can learn!

Connie McCotter


How long have you been stamping, and how did you start?
I have been stamping since 1994...I got started with my sister using stamps in my scrapbooking, and then shortly after I started making my Christmas cards...which has now evolved into making cards for every single occasion you can think of!
 
How would you describe your "style"?
I have a couple of favorite styles that I used often...sometimes I go more elegant, and other times (well most of the time) I am distressing something on my card!
 
What was the first stamp you ever bought?
I can not even remember, it was so long ago, but a good bet would be some sort of flower!
 
Describe the "weirdest" stamp you have.
I have a margarita stamp, it has a bottle of tequila along with a margarita glass on it, and it says It's Margarita Time!  LOL!!
 
What is your favorite medium to work with?
Lately it has been copics!!
 
What is your favorite technique?
Distressing...whether it is with inks, paints, tearing or a distressing tool, if it has something to do with distressing I probably have done it!
 
What is your favorite or most used tool? (Other than the basics: adhesive, scissors, etc.)
Well, I think with my last answer I would have to say my Tim Holtz Distressing Tool!

What is your preferred white cardstock?
Stampin' Up! Whisper White

What is your favorite ODBD set and why?
I would have to say Quiet Waters...I am a nature lover...and this set is just sooo beautiful and calming!

What inspires you in your stamping?
Anything!  It could be a sketch, a specific image, or pretty much anything I see around me while doing my day to day activities.

What is one of the top items on your stamping wish list?
More Copics and Spellbinders dies!

What is one food you couldn't live without?
Chocolate and pop corn...okay that is really two, but you have to have both sweet and salty!!

Is there a song or book title that reflects your personality?
Welcome to My Crazy Life - Pam Tillis....LOL!!

What is one thing you like to do to relax?
Sit on my back porch with a cup of coffee/latte/mocha watching my kids play.

When is the best time of day for you to be creative?
Usually in the early morning...although I have been known to whip out a few things really late at night too!

Check out this gorgeous "Connie Creation" made with one of the August releases: Jesus!

ODBD_0809_JESUS_3_-_CMC

Thanks for spending time with us on your Saturday!
Be sure to visit Connie at her blog:
McStampin' Dusk Til Dawn!

Odbsiggyjudy DT Coordinator



4 comments:

Betty said...

Fantastic interview, Connie!!! Glad you are a part of the bread basket!!! Wonderful card!!!

debi said...

Wonderful interview of Connie. Having personally had the privilege of meeting Connie last year I would like to add that she is very sweet as well.

Angella Crockett said...

Awesome interview, Connie! What a blessing you are to our team.....your work is totally amazing and you are such a sweetheart!!

Chris Olsen said...

Loved reading your interview Connie!! Glad you are a here as a part of the team. You know I have always loved your creations and you! Love this blue card!! So calming and beautiful!