Saturday, August 15, 2009

Let's Dish With Deb!

Today we are chatting with Deborah Saaranen, one of our newest Bread Basket members.  Let's find out a little more about her!

DeborahLynneSaaranen_by_guesswho2

How long have you been stamping, and how did you start?
I've been stamping about ten years. My sister in law bought me some
stamps for a Christmas exchange gift...didn't use them (I felt so
guilty that I wasn't using the gift she bought!) Started collecting
stamps when a friend had a Stampin' Up! party...really started stamping
when I was introduced to Splitcoaststampers.com.

How long have you been on the ODBD DT?
almost two months

How would you describe your "style"?
Fairly  clean and simple, allowing the colored image to shine.
       
What was the first stamp you ever bought?
Tulips in a flower bucket from JoAnn's (K-1695, 1999).

Describe the "weirdest" stamp you have.
I bought a vintage type single stamp of a girl's face on a purse...don't know how weird that is, but I've never used it!

What is your favorite medium to work with?
Copic markers  
       
What is your favorite technique?
I find myself always wanting to color...with Copics, Prismas, or
watercolor...I'm not sure if that is considered a "technique" as I've
been doing it since before kindergarten!
       
What is your favorite or most used tool? (Other than the basics: adhesive, scissors, etc.)
Spellbinders Nestabilities
 
What is your preferred white cardstock?
Paper Trey Ink's Stamper's Select

What is your favorite ODBD set and why?
It's hard for me to choose...I have always loved the sets of  precious
Bible verses, and lovely, fun to color images...I guess I would have to
say "Sing to the
Lord," with a close second of "Give Thanks."

I'm so thankful that Kelley has filled a niche in the stamping world with images and verses that honor the Lord!

What inspires you in your stamping?
Nature, clothing colors (I see a cute sweater or color combo  on a child at school and think--cool card!)

When is the best time of day for you to be creative?
Late morning, or the middle of the night when I can't sleep.
 
What is one of the top items on your stamping wish list?
 For my stamping room to finally be finished!
       
What is one food you couldn't live without?
I know this isn't a food, but drink: diet soda...Diet Pepsi and Diet Dr. Pepper.
Food wise, I guess it would have to be potatoes and bread...pretty much anything high in carbs!

What is one thing you like to do to relax?
Travel; read books and magazines; STAMP!


Here is one of my favorite creations by Deb:

Black_and_Ivory_Mother_Teresa

Be sure to check out more of Deb's creations:
ODBD Card Gallery
Her blog: Dream in Color
SCS Gallery

Odbsiggyjudy DT Coordinator

2 comments:

Angella Crockett said...

Thanks, Deb, for dishin' out some of your "secrets"! I love your clean style......my brain is trying to learn how to get away from the cluttered look....do you give lessons? What a beautiful sample Judy has chosen!!

Karen W said...

Great card and beautiful papers etc also. Welcome Deb and it's so nice to have you as our example and inspiration.