Monday, August 24, 2009

Product Review - SMOOCH Pearlized Paints!

Smooch

Enabler Alert! If you don't want to fall in love with another product, you should look away now!!! Just kidding....you've GOT to see this!!! "Smooch" is a pigmented pearlized paint that you can use to accent stamped images, embellishments, fabric, altered items, chipboard, and more! You can even stamp with it....I'll show you how in just a moment!


Smooch Tutorial 1

I started out by stamping my image with permanent ink and cut it out since it will be popped up on my finished card.


Smooch Tutorial 2

Though the bottles look like nail polish, the brush inside has a very fine paintbrush tip, to paint those tiny details!


Smooch Tutorial 3
You can paint it on heavy or light....it blends very easily, but dries in a few minutes. For extra highlight or shading , you can add another coat!

Smooch Tutorial 4

Another great option with Smooch is that you can stamp with it as well! Just paint it on the rubber, not too heavy, and stamp on your paper or project. As soon as you are finished, wipe off the remaining paint from your stamp with a rag or paper towel and clean your stamp with your stamp cleaner/conditioner. No heavy duty cleaners are necessary, as long as you clean it right away. If you allow it to dry on the stamp, it may affect the image quality of your stamp.

Smooch Tutorial Close-up
Here is a close-up of the finished image....too bad the camera doesn't show off the true sparkle!!! As soon as I saw this new set, "Happy Birthday", I knew I had to paint this gorgeous scene with Smooch!!!

Smooch Tutorial Card

Smooch is not only available in the original Lollipop colors but we also have all the new Popsicle colors as well!

Lollipops Popsicles



Now that you're itchin' to try this awesome stuff, I have some great news: Smooch is our Super Special Sale item this week, 25 % off, until Saturday at midnight. Normally $4.25 per bottle, the sale price is an amazing $3.20!!! Don't miss out....get your Smooch now!!


Odbsiggyangie

Angie Crockett

Product Review/ Contributing Writer

4 comments:

Laurie said...

Thanks for the great ideas, Angie. I've been wondering exactly what this stuff would look like & how to use it. I can see it's one of those fun, fun accessories! :)

Grace Nywening said...

Thanks for doing this Angie! I have not tried Smooch yet and love that you can stamp with it too! Now I need to add that to my next order! Thanks for enabling me!!! Great job with the tutorial!

Judy Rozema said...

Awesome tutorial, Angie! And what patience to paint it on your stamp!

Lorelie said...

You are workin' the tutes, Angie!! FAB job!! Now, send me some Smooch! LOL!