Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Time With Sandee

It's Tuesday and time for "Time With....."!  Every Tuesday and Thursday,
one of the Bread Basket members will share a project with you here, and
then you can hop on over to their personal blog for more good stuff!

Today it's Time With Sandee Shanabrough.

Sandee says:


Today, I want to show you a
little gift set I made using the new wonderful set called Jesus.  I have
to say that ever since I became a Christian, this is one verse, in particular,
that has always given me such comfort.  No matter what, God is with me
always, until the very end of time!  WOW!!!  That is amazing! 

Jesus-Candle-and-Card-Gift-

Okay, back to the gift set!  For the card, I used last week's SCS sketch
which was inspired by our very own Silke!  I also used five of
the Dare to Get Dirty challenges!  I used Holly's color challenge of More
Mustard, Real Red, and Bashful Blue.  I made my own designer paper for
Betty's challenge by stamping the Amazing Grace Hymn (music challenge) and the
Grow in Grace
dogwood flowers.  I sponged the three ink colors randomly
over the images.  Then for Deborah's texture challenge, I sprayed this
with Glimmer Mist!  Instant designer paper!  I added two Spellbinders
die cuts (Becca's challenge), threaded with ribbon, to fit with the
sketch.  I stamped the Jesus image once on scratch paper before stamping
onto a piece of Whisper White.  Then I stamped the verse over Jesus' image
in red.  I colored the Hero Arts flowers with Copic markers to match and
sprayed the red flower with more Glimmer Mist.  I added pretty red rhinestones
here and there to complete the card!


Until-the-End-of-Time

Now for the candle!  This technique is so fun and
easy!!!  I cut a piece of white tissue paper to fit the size of the
candle.  You want to cut it to go all the way around.  Then you stamp
the images onto the tissue paper.  Using a piece of wax paper to hold
the tissue paper down around the candle, carefully use your heat gun to heat
the wax paper until you see that it is getting glossy.  Carefully do this
all the way around until you get the whole thing melted into the candle. 
Then just embellish as desired!  I used red organdy ribbon, red
rhinestones, and a piece along the bottom punched with the Martha Stewart
Lattice border punch
.  I used a tutorial from SCS showing you better how
to do the candles!  To get the tutorial link and to see the other sides of
my candle, just go to my blog!

Candle-Side-Two 

Be sure to stop by Sandee's blog: Simply Southern Sandee

and

her ODBD Card Gallery!


1 comment:

Angella Crockett said...

What a gorgeous set, Sandee! I love the colors you chose and the candle is soooo cool! Thanks for the explanation....you have given me the inspiration to try it!!! Way to go on combining those challenges too!