Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Time With Wendy

It's Tuesday and time for "Time With....."!  Every Tuesday and Thursday,
one of the Bread Basket members will share a project with you here, and
then you can hop on over to their personal blog for more good stuff!

Today it's Time With Wendy Weixler. Wendy is our August Guest Designer.

Wendy says:


What an honor and privilege it has been for me to join the
girls in the Bread Basket as a Guest Designer for ODBD this month!!  I have enjoyed the camaraderie, challenges
and friendships I have gained while “playing” with such lovely stamps and such
wonderful people (these ladies truly have hearts as big as their talent)!!


Being the self-proclaimed “Butterfly Queen,” I couldn’t pass
on creating this card using the beautiful little butterfly image from the
newly-released “Happy Birthday” set. 
Using this lattice cutout as a backdrop, I had fun creating this
“butterfly garden.”  I really love doing
“hybrid” cards – cards where I can combine stamped images with diecut
images.  I love the dimensions we can
create when using these elements together.


Bflylatticewmw

In creating this second card (using another newly-released
set – “Jesus”), I was trying to invoke the image of Jesus as a carpenter
(hence, the “faux woodgrain” board that I used as a banner).  The flowers remind me of dogwood, and I love
how they offset the focal image.


Carpenterwmw

 Have a wonderful day, and thanks for stopping by!


 


For a supply list and to see Wendy's other fantastic creations, visit her blog:
Wickedly Wonderful Creations!

3 comments:

Angella Crockett said...

Wendy, I've had a total blast getting to know you better this past month!!! I have been a huge fan for a long time and your creations with the ODBD sets have been such an inspiration! I love your two cards here, especially the "hybrid"...my fave kind of card!!! God Bless!

Grace Nywening said...

Wendy these are both beautiful! LOVE that lattice and all the butterflies! Your faux wood grain for the "carpenter" is a great idea, and those flowers are fabulous!
It's been so great having you here with us! Don't lose touch!!! We'll be poppin in on you too! Hugs!

Chris Olsen said...

Wendy these are beautiful!! Love the lattice and the butterflies. Nice to know someone as crazy about butterflies as I am (maybe even more than me LOL!) These are both gorgeous creations!! I have loved getting to know you better at the bread basket!! You are a real hoot and so sweet!! I will continue to pop in on you at your blog. Hugs!