Saturday, September 26, 2009

Farewells... and Big Hellos!

It's that time again... time to say goodbye but also time to say hello and a Big Welcome!

First let me thank our Guest Designer for Aug. and Sept., Loretta Lock!  Loretta is extremely talented and we all just want to thank her for her contribution to the Our Daily Bread designs team these past months!  Loretta... we will be stalking your blog and gallery so this is not goodbye... just see you later!!!  Thanks for all you have contributed here! Your work is amazing!!! God bless you in your new venture as you begin teaching in school again!  We know He has you in the palm of His hand and has great things in store for you!

It is also with sadness that we say goodbye to Design Team member Jane Wetzel.  Jane has been serving in the Bread Basket for some time now and has decided to change directions a bit, and take a rest.  Her talent and good humor have meant a lot to us! We aren't going to lose track of her either, for she'll still be blogging and we plan frequent visits!

Now, that's enough of the sad stuff already!!!

We have a couple happy announcements to make as well!  First, our Guest Designer for September, Dawn Lusk is going to stay with us for October and November!  Yay!  She needs no introduction, as you have been following her work I'm sure!  Dawn... thanks for hanging around a little longer!  We so appreciate you, your talent and your totally fun personality!!!  We even love your Llamas!!! LOL!

Now our BIG NEW announcement is our NEW Guest Designer for October and November.... Deborah Southard!!!  On SCS you know her as Debils, and if you have been part of the challenge chasers (stalkers) you know her well!  What a joy it's been for me to get to know Debi a little better!  Her story will bless your heart! 

I recently asked her a few questions to help you get to know her better... and here is how it went:

Q - How long have you been stamping and how did you get started in this hobby?
A - I was first introduced to stamping in 2002 during a domonstration at my MOPS group.  I didn't really make anything of note until 2005, when I started lurking on Split Coast Stampers.  I then began doing the challenges and as my skills improved, I found the courage to start a gallery, then later a blog.

Q - How would you describe your style?
A - Clean and fairly simple.  I rely on great colors, simple design and basic embellishments.

Q - What are your two favorite tools?
A - Definitely sponges and my tweezers (I can't tie ribbon without them!)

Q - What's your favorite coloring medium?
A - Prismacolor or Lyra pencils with OMS and blending stumps.

Q - What's your favorite ODBD set?
A - Keep My Lamp Burning.

Q - Do you have a favorite Scripture you'd like to share?
A - I know this will sound like an odd choice, but one of my favorite Scriptures is Jeremiah 31, specifically verses 15 - 17.  I found great comfort in these verses during a very dark time in my life.  I held onto them like a promise when two of my foster children, that we had agreed to adopt, were returned to their birth family after living with us for 2 1/2 and 3 1/2 years.  Thirteen months later they were returned to us, along with a bonus third.  It took several more years but all three children are now a permanent part of our family.

vs. 15 This is what the LORD says: "A voice is heard in Ramah, mourning and great weeping, Rachel weeping for her children and refusing to be comforted, because her children are no more."

vs. 16 This is what the LORD says: "Restrain your voice from weeping and your eyes from tears, for your work will be rewarded" declares the LORD.  "They will return from the land of the enemy".

vs. 17 "So there is hope for your future" declares the LORD.  "Your children will return to their own land".

Wow!!! THAT is an amazing story and what a great Scripture to draw your hope from!  I hope this little interview has given you some insights into what a special lady Debi is!  Here are a couple of her wonderful cards for your enjoyment!


Debils ODBD keep my lamp burning 0002WTMK


Now to gain more inspiration,  and to find out more about these two cards, why don't you stop by Debi's Blog and while you're there, give her some love and welcome her to the Bread Basket!





Gracesiggy



Debils ODBD DT scripure collection 2 0001WTMK

5 comments:

Betty said...

WOW!!! What a truly wonderful testimony and story!!! Welcome aboard, Debi!!!! Thanks so much for sharing!!! I look forward to seeing more of your wonderful creations!!!

Laurie said...

Oh, Deb, I love your pink card! Thanks for sharing your heart. God is so merciful to restore.

Angella Crockett said...

Wow, such a bittersweet post today! Thanks, Loretta, for hanging out with us and creating some beautiful ODBD projects!!! Jane, I'm not sayin' goodbye 'cause you're not getting rid of ME!!! Dawn, so glad you're stickin' around for a bit....love your smileys and your work isn't bad either!!!;) Debi, welcome aboard....hope we don't drive you too crazy!!!

Judy Rozema said...

Loretta, it has been such fun having you with us!!
Jane, I have loved your fun sense of humor and am so glad I was able to meet you last January!! We will def. keep in touch! Dawn, you do such wonderful work with Kelley's images; I know we are in store for some good things! And Debi, I know that you are tickled pink to be on your "dream team" and am so glad that you are here! AWESOME cards -- I love that lighthouse set - it's my favorite!! Beautiful PINK scripture card too!!!

Chelsea Cook said...

Loretta and Jane, it has been a blessing seeing your creations on here!
Dawn, yeah! Can't wait to see more from you.
Congrats on the GDT spot, Deborah! Beautiful cards!
~Chelsea