Friday, September 4, 2009

Flashback Friday Favorite - Keep My Lamp Burning

Strength. Refuge. Safety.  Three such powerful words that Jesus bestows upon us when we seek and find His guidance.  The Keep My Lamp Burning set is the perfect metaphor for the light He shines upon us when we are in our darkest hours:

Lighthouse2set-600x499 

The picturesque image of the lighthouse helps convey the idea of His presence during troubling times and the chosen scriptures accentuates that further. These very characteristics are evident in the beautiful cards below:

Vintage_Violet_Lighthouse 

Refuge-and-Strength-ODBD 

022409CC_ODBD_by_StampingQueenJAR

Keepmylampburning3_aks  

CPS100

Ourrefuge021409bygbedwright 

You will never be lost when you remember to call on Him.  He will guide you through it and pull you into the light over and over again.

Odbsiggylorelie Blog Coordinator

7 comments:

Angella Crockett said...

Lorelie, what a powerful message and wonderful post!! I love this set so much and you have picked some beautiful samples!! God Bless you!

Judy Rozema said...

One of my favorite sets!! Beautiful samples and a wonderful post, Lorelie!

Grace Nywening said...

Lorelie this is truly a wonderful post! Your words speak to the heart and draw us into the light of His love! Thank you for posting these beautiful samples and for your thoughts... I so appreciate them! This is a favorite of mine... I have so many favorites from ODBD but really, this one reminds us that Jesus is THE light, and he who abides in Him abides in the light!

Kelley said...

Wowzers...so true!! Great post, Lor!

Kristine said...

ALL of these samples are just so gorgeous!! I bought my very first ODBD set recently and THIS was the one I chose!! Love all the inspiration. It's truly a blessing to know that God IS our refuge and our Safe Hiding Place. Thank you for sharing your beautiful talent with us!!

Dawn said...

beautiful samples...beautiful, uplifting post Lor

Chelsea Cook said...

You know, I really can't get over the talent that this DT has! WOW! Breathtaking - each and every project that is posted! So glad I found this blog and ODBD.
~Chelsea