Saturday, September 12, 2009

Join Me in Welcoming Guest Designer Dawn Lusk!

Dawn Lusk was one of the two winners in our recent contest for Guest Designer spots at Our Daily Bread Designs.  We are so excited to welcome her to the "Bread Basket"!

She is such a talented Stamper and I have long admired her work!  Not only is she talented, but she's sweet and tons of fun!  In order to get to know Dawn a little better, I recently asked her a few questions, and here they are:

1. How long have you been stamping and how did you get started in this hobby?

I've been stamping for almost 7 years!  One of my daughters had a workshop so I felt obligated to go... you know "it's family"... "I wouldn't even use this stuff"...  YEAH RIGHT!  I was hooked!  The rest is history!  LOL!

2. How would you describe your style?

Oh, I don't know, I never know how to answer this question!  LOL... I asked a dear friend and she had this to say... you are a colorist and heavily technique oriented... a "purist" of stampers... very little use of preprinted patterned papters and embellishments (lol... not that I don't have this stuff, I just don't reach for it often!)

3. What are your two favorite tools?

Spellbinder's Nestabilities & Cuttlebug

4. What's your favorite coloring medium?

Copics, Reinkers (for water coloring),  Prismacolor Pencils

5. What's you favorite ODBD set?

Right now I think I'd have to say "Sing to the Lord" with "On Eagles' Wings" a close second.

6. Do you have a favorite Scripture you'd like to share?
Rom. 8:28

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to his purpose.

We might not understand the why's and wherefores, but if we just leave it in God's hands, we have a perfect rest.


Thank you Dawn!  Your favorite Scripture is a wonderful one and such a comfort for all of us!  Thank you for spending this time with us and for joining us in the bread basket this month! We are excited to be working with you and look forward to seeing all your great creations! 

Just look at this fabulous project Dawn made!  It's a pocket card with a vellum window!  She used the newly released ODBD set "Get Well".  How pretty is that!!!

Dawn Lusk PocketButterflyVellum1 

Dawn Lusk PocketButterflyVellum3


Dawn Lusk Pocket card 2

Be sure to hop on over to Dawn's  blog, Dawn... a New Day, and find out all the details on this card as well as browse her other lovely creations! 

Gracesiggy

             DT Coordinator

7 comments:

Judy Rozema said...

Such beautiful vibrant colors!! I am thrilled to work with you on a team, Dawn!! Your work with ODBD stamps is always a treat!

Angella Crockett said...

Dawn aka Llama Lady.....you ROCK! I love your creative style....each creation is so unique and so gorgeous! What a blessing to be able to work with you on the ODBD team!!!

Velta said...

Hello My Friend...Congrats...Of course you should be here with your talent...wishing your happiness in all you do!!

Chelsea Cook said...

Welcome Dawn! Congrats! Your work is beyond beautiful... truly inspiring!
~Chelsea

Karen W said...

Welcome Dawn, your work is stunning and we can't wait to see more.

Keri Lee Sereika said...

Congratulations Dawn!!! WOOHOO!

Lorelie said...

What a GORGEOUS vellum screen pocket card, Dawn!! The butterflies/leaves cluster is AMAZING!!