Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Time With Chris

Today we are spending time with Our Daily Bread Design Team Member, Chris.  Chris is so talented and puts so many details into her cards and projects... I just know you will love this project!  So here is what Chris has for us today! 

Angel set Chris2


"Since so many people have begun their Christmas cards
and projects, I thought it would be nice for me to share a card and
project using one of my favorite stamp sets from Our Daily Bread
Designs Christmas line: Angel.
The card I recently made for the Stampin Sisters in Christ Sketch
Challenge.  After creating the card, I thought it would be nice to make
a coordinating project to go with it for a gift during the Christmas
holidays. I have always loved to make projects but never had the
opportunity to make a project using a paint can
l.  I just love tins and have seen so many awesome projects using these
cans.  At Christmas time there are just so many small gifts that you
give out to teachers, Sunday School teachers,
friends, neighbors, and etc.  These little painting cans are perfect
for putting in little goodies like cookies or candy, etc.

I covered the can with SU Ski Slope paper and then embellished it with ric rac, ribbon, punched snowflakes and my angel image which I colored with watercolors and prisma color pencils
and gamsol.  The wings are glittered with stickles.  The ribbons tied
on the handle are a bunch or ribbon scraps that I have saved.



Card Recipe:
Stamps: Angel from Our Daily Bread Designs
Paper: SU Ski Slope, Baja Breeze, Metallic Silver, White Glitter paper from K&Co., White CS
Accessories: Silver Baubles, Offray Blue Ribbon, Vintage Corner Dies from Cuttlebug, Scalloped and Regular Circles from Spellbinders, sewing machine

Paint Can Recipe:
Stamps: Angel from Our Daily Bread Designs
Paper: SU Ski Slope (retired), White Glitter CS, Sky Blue CS, White CS
Accessories: Paint Can, Oval Spellbinders, Circle Spellbinders, ric rac, ribbon scraps, Martha Stewart Snowflake Punch"

SSIC4 Angel- Chris1

Angel Paint can Chris3



Thanks so much Chris!  I know that I for one LOVE this beautiful set!  What a gorgeous image and beautiful details!!!

For lots more inspiration, why not hop on over to Chris' Blog now and see all she has for you there!

Thanks for spending this time with Chris!  Have a blessed week!

Gracesiggy



Design Team Coordinator

6 comments:

Angella Crockett said...

Wow, Chris!!! What a gorgeous set!!! Your colors and all of the little details are fabulous!!

Velta said...

Simply put....Stunningly Beautiful!!!

Chelsea Cook said...

This is so pretty! Love the set and love the colors you chose. Stunning.
~Chelsea

Lenoria said...

Wow! Your card and designer can are fabulous.

Karen W said...

Oh my, this is just stunning!!

kristine said...

Chris definately is one of THE MOST talented people I know! This is such a GORGEOUS set and all the little details are so perfect!! Love the color combo too--so elegant. Great job Chris =0) Thanks so much for sharing and inspiring us all!!