Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Employee Card of the Day - Josh McElwain

Yes, today we are starting a new section of Card of the Day to spotlight Our Daily Bread designs' employees who get creative!


First, let me show you the gorgeous project:

So...who could have made this incredibly beautiful chip tile that's been Glimmer Screened, Glimmer Misted, sponged and flowered??? Well, hold on to your hats because it's none other than...drum roll, please........................

The man on the right who's pictured here with Kelley's daughter, Summer!He's got some natural talent, right?! Josh has been working for ODBD for about a year now and works all the stamp shows. Here he is doing a Make-and-Take with Kelley's son, Ricky:
Most of these stamp shows are flooded with women so it is quite a sight to see these burly men working the table and stamping away! May I add, they are a popular attraction! LOL! Get ready to sigh....Josh makes a little something for his mom at each show! How sweet is that?!

Aside from traveling for the shows and helping set up the booth, Josh also mounts the stamps, packages the sets and sometimes offer comic relief during a long day of work. His morning job is installing ceramic floors and various home improvements.


If any of you happen to come across the ODBD booth at a stamp show near you, make sure to stop by and say "hi" to Josh. Oh, and from the looks of his chip tile, you can also ask him TONS of questions about Glimmer Mists as he has become quite the Glimmer Connoisseur!




14 comments:

Deborah Saaranen said...

Wow-- what a talented guy...and any fellow that thinks of his mother so highly is the cream of the crop! Josh will certainly make some lady happy in the future!

Grace said...

WOW oh WOW!!! Josh... this project is incredible!!! I love the photo of Josh and Ricky doing the make n take... no wonder the ODBD booth is always crowded!!!! Great work Josh and looks like you've been "misted" with talented! Us women find it irresistible you know!!!

Dawn said...

WoW Josh! that's FABulous! and oh-so-sweet to make your mom something each time!

Sandee said...

WOW!! That is beautiful Josh!!!! I know Kelley is happy to have you on her team! Keep up the creativity, as Grace said women love it!!!

Debi said...

That card is amazing! I can't wait for ODBD to come to show near me. You just have to come to Syracuse, I will be there with all my stamping buddies!

Angella D. Crockett said...

Woo hoo!! Congrats, Josh!!! It was so fun hanging out with you at the Ft. Wayne show!! And girls, you should see this Glimmer creation in person....oh my gosh, it is fantastic!!!!!!

Connie M. said...

Oh My!!!!! This is just stunning, Josh!! So very sweet of you to make something for your mom each time!!

Chrisd said...

I had the opportunity to meet and speak to Josh briefly at a show in our area over the summer. He is such a nice person, especially with all the crowds during the make and takes!

Kim P said...

AMAZING card! What a great guy he must be!!

Betty Wright said...

GASP!!! The card is not only gorgeous and just superbly done I am always just bowled over when a man crafts!!! Awesome card and design!!! Beautifully done, Josh!!!

KathyJ (Wattle) said...

Now that's the kind of man you'd want to take home to meet you mother --- if you were 20 and single of course!! :)

Melisa Waldorf said...

WHAT???? NO WAY! teehee
Wow! Gorgeous card!

Only by His Grace said...

I was so pleased to see this card as my husband Doug also makes cards with me.
I love the colours in this card Josh. Really beautiful
Hugs Marion

lconner said...

Great job. I was at that very stamp show. Josh did a great job of introducing me to Glimmer Mist. And yes, I bought some. :)