Friday, October 30, 2009

God and country. We often hear about separation of church and state, but both working together is essential for our nation to survive. Whether viewing it either as a military or religious standpoint, the true heart of it all is our nation's ethics. How we handle ourselves as Americans in times of peace and war may be seen as a reflection of how we honor God. The In God We Trust set has captured that duality of church and state:

It is difficult to deny that God doesn't play a role in our nation's endeavors. God is referenced in the Declaration of Independence. You see His name written on our currency. You hear our presidents speak His name when sworn in with the last words in the oath being "So help me God". One of the personal codes of conduct for military members throughout the world is "I will trust in my God and in the United States of America." These are just a few shining examples that God cannot be separated from our country because our nation was built on Him.









3 comments:

Angella D. Crockett said...

Beautifully said, Lorelie!! I love this set so much!! And you put my fave card from this set on top.....Betty, you're still rockin' my world with this one!!!

Grace said...

So true Lorelie! Blessed is the nation who's God is The Lord. We have been greatly blessed in this nation. I pray we don't turn our backs on the God who has so richly blessed us! Thanks for putting up this set... I love these samples!!!

Judy Rozema said...

A beautifully written post, Lorelie! And what a wonderful new blog! I love the look and the little swirly place at the bottom to click to order.