Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Time With Grace

Time With Grace

Hello everyone!  It's Tuesday, the day we spend time with one of our Design Team members...and this week it's me! So I thought I'd show you a project I did when the October Our Daily Bread designs stamps were first released!  I used my Zutter Bind it All for the first time to make this little 4 x 4" book.  It was so fun!  I wanted to keep it masculine and I wanted it to be a book of encouragement for someone I know who is undergoing chemo treatments and having a real rough time of it right now.  The verses and images in these three sets were perfect for this purpose!
This is the cover of the book.  My image is actually stamped on some Painted Desert designer paper, using some of the color gradations for my horizon line and using it for the over all color of the scene.  I used this DP and Chocolate by Martha Stewart throughout the book as my unifying elements.  I stamped this image from With Deepest Sympathy onto the dp with Archval Jet Black.  I very lightly colored parts of the image with my Prisma Pencils and blended with Odor Free Mineral Spirits.  I cut this panel with my Spellbinder's Label 3 and mounted over some DP from The First Blush, then a mat of True Thyme and onto a base of Chocolate.I added some twine from my stash, some punched boughs (MS punch) and also I added some little strips of chocolate paper and the cut outs from the next page's SB Fleur de Lis pendant and tried to similate Cat Tails on the outside of my picture.  A  brad that says Hope finished it off.


  Here is the inside of the cover, done in that painted desert designer paper, and the Spellbinders Fleur de Lis pendant frames my sentiment.  The sentiment is from With Heartfelt Sympathy and is stamped with Archival Sepia on Very Vanilla and sponged with Chocolate Chip and T Holtz  Distress Ink.  Little antique bronze embellishments were all I added, to keep it masculine.


This is the next page.  I used some designer paper from K&Co. on a chocolate mat, then cut out my Bible with my Spellbinder's Label 7 in two sizes.  On the smaller one I embossed and then drew in some gold lines with a gel pen to simulate pages.  I stamped the verse from With Deepest Sympathy in Archival Sepia. I added some chocolate satin ribbon for a book mark and some flourishes from my Spellbinders Flourish Accents die cuts.




I loved how this page came out!  I stamped the cat tail image from With Heartfelt Sympathy lightly with Sahara Sand on very vanilla  and then over stamped with Archival Sepia another verse from that same set.  I cut that panel out with my Spellbinder's label 5 and sponged lightly.  The background is a base of chocolate, followed by two different designer papers from The First Blush (Prima Mktg) and I added a little bling from BasicGrey.



This final page used the dragonfly image from With Heartfelt Sympathy lightly stamped in Sahara Sand, then the verse from Praying for You stamped in Sepia.  I cut this panel with the Spellbinders Label 4 and sponged, then mounted it on a chocolate label 2.  These are mounted on dp from K&Co and embellished with copper pearls.
I used 1/2" O wires for this project and punching through the material was a breeze! I used the 1/2" Zutter Corner Rounder to give my pages a little more finished look.  I was really happy with how this came out!  I can't wait to do a girly one with lots of ribbons and shimmer, but this being for a man, I had to keep it simple and not frilly.
I hope you  enjoyed seeing my project and if you'd like a little more detail, with specific materials list, please visit my blog Th-INK-ing of You!  Have a blessed day!!!



                                     

No comments: