Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Time With Becca



Hello everyone! It's Tuesday and that means it's time to spend some time with one of the Design Team Members for Our Daily Bread Designs! Today, we are spending some time with the very talented Becca! Her work is incredible and you will find lots of inspiration from her! Here is what she has to share:


Good Morning!! This month Our Daily Bread Designs had the tremendous insight to reveal three new designs which are Sympathy sets; With Deepest Sympathy, Praying for You, and With Heartfelt Sympathy. Did she read our minds? I can’t tell you how often someone at our church experiences a loss, a friend loses a family member, someone at work is mourning – it seems to always happen in clusters. I was tickled to see this offering, because it seems that sympathy stamps are hard to find. I particularly like to make sympathy cards, because it gives me an opportunity to celebrate and reflect on a life. On occasions where I have sent handmade sympathy cards, I frequently get a call of thanks that so much time and care was taken to respect a passing.

I selected a sentiment from the With Heartfelt Sympathy set and left the inside blank and when the card is sent I’ll select the scripture I feel would be appropriate from one of the three new sets. My card today uses a regal embossed background from the Cuttlebug Damask Frame set. The set gave me the background, the frame and the accent pieces used with the pearls. I try my best to keep sympathy cards towards the elegant side and in my mind they always call for a big bow. I stacked two layers of mauve and offset it with an old gold textured paper. This came together very easily and makes me know that I have no excuse for not having a card ready; this layout will work with any of the sentiments offered in the three new sets.

Card Recipe:
Stamps: Our Daily Bread Designs - With Heartfelt Sympathy

Paper: Bazzill, The Paper Company
Ink: Versafine Black Onyx and Clear Embossing Powder
Accessories: Cuttlebug Damask Frame Set, Spellbinders Petite Scalloped Ovals, Pearls, Ribbon


Be blessed my friends! *************************************************************
Thank you Becca!!! Your card is just gorgeous! Your statements about the need for sympathy verses and sentiments are so true!!! I see this month's release as a huge help to us at those difficult times!!!
For more inspiration from the gifted Becca Feeken, why not visit her blog, Amazing Paper Grace for all the eye candy you can contain!
Thanks for visiting with us today and may God bless your week!
Gracesiggy
Design Team Coordinator

No comments: