Saturday, December 26, 2009

Some Sad Goodbyes and Some Happy Hellos!

Wow!  Christmas is over already!  I hope you had a very blessed time celebrating our Savior's birth with family and loved ones!  Time seems to be just flying by!!!  Very soon, we'll be ringing in the New Year.... 2010!  Seems like just yesterday we were all concerned about Y2K doesn't it?

We here at Our Daily Bread designs are getting ready to ring in the new year with lots of exciting changes!  Please stay tuned here as we begin to announce these changes to you!

But first, it's that time of year when we have to say goodbye to some of our beloved Design Team... and it's with great sadness that we say farewell to Silke and Betty.  These ladies are the cream of the crop... both so talented and both have brought so much to Our Daily Bread designs!  We will all miss them in the Bread Basket, that is for sure!!!  Fortunately, we know where they are.... and we will be stalking their blogs so we can continue seeing their fantastic creations!  So we're really not saying "goodbye"... just more like "see you soon"!

While it's always hard to say farewell... this time of year also brings some new hellos as well, and this year we have a truly awesome and exciting lineup of new talent for you to be wowed and inspired by! 

 I'm happy to announce our New Design Team Members:
  • Dawn Lusk (who has been Guest Designing for a few months now) will be staying on and we're just so thrilled to have her!  
  • Debi Southard (who also has served as Guest Designer for the past three months) will  be staying with us in the bread basket and we're just tickled pink!
  • Returning after Guest Designing last summer is Kathy Jones! Whoo hoo!!! You can visit her at Inspired to Stamp.  Kathy is super talented and so sweet... I'm thrilled to have her rejoining us!
  • Now I'm jumping up and down to announce our brand new Design Team Member: Julie Warner!!! If you have followed SCS at all I'm sure you have seen Julie's fabulous work under the name justwritedesigns.  She has been one of the latest "Dirty Girls" and has a wonderful blog: The Write Stuff.  We are thrilled and honored to have Julie join us in the bread basket!!!
We also have a great team of New Guest Designers coming on board.... we love having fresh bread sticks visit us in the basket!  They always bring a delectable change of style and taste!  I am truly exstatic at our Guest Designer Lineup!
  • Sabrina Jackson (blog: sjbutterflydreams) is joining us and I if you don't know her and love her already, I know you will in no time!  Her Christian spirit and love shine forth in everything she says and does!  
  • Also joining us as a Guest Designer is America Kuhn!!! Whoo-hoo!!! I've long admired America's work and I'm thrilled she has agreed to join us!  I know she will inspire us all!  America's blog is Cards By America..
  • Last but certainly not least, I'm beyond thrilled to welcome Christine Okken (Blog: Christine Creations)!   A past SCS Dirty Girl, and dear sweet Christian and talent beyond words.... I know you will love seeing all that Christine will bring to the bread basket! 
Now you have to admit.... THIS lineup is hard to beat!  God has blessed Our Daily Bread designs with such great talent and sweet Christian women, I know the upcoming year will be a blessing to many!  It is our hope and prayer that God will use our talents, the Christian images and sentiments that Kelley produces, and our hearts to serve Him.... to bring glory to Himself through the Our Daily Bread designs team!

Please join me in saying thank you to Silke and Betty, AND in welcoming all our new designers to the team!

Check back real soon because we have lots more exciting news to share with you all!  There will be a Blog Hop on January 1 when the new release sets are revealed. and of course there will be great prizes.... and there will be some big news!!! I'm busting at the seams to tell you... but not quite yet!!! I'd better go before I let the cat out of the bag!!!  So see you back here on the First of January, 2010 for the Blog Hop and lots more fun!!!

All of us here in the Bread Basket wish you and yours a most Blessed and Happy New Year!!!


Design Team Coordinator


8 comments:

Angella D. Crockett said...

Such a bittersweet post today! Betty and Silke....it has truly been an honor working with both of you! I miss you already!! But, as some doors close, the Lord opens others....I am really excited to welcome our new designers to the team! I know that God will be glorified with your creations here!!! God's blessings to all!!!

peggysue said...

Well I'm looking forward to the blog hop, the last one was so enjoyable with breathtaking creations. Congratulations to the new design team members, what a joy it will be to visit your blogs I am sure.

Silke Ledlow said...

WOW - I can't hardly believe 6 months have passed by sooooooo fast - sniff!!! I had a fabulous time and I'm looking forward seeing what you all create in the near future!!!

Welcome to all the new ladies!!! Betty I see you in blogland...and I know where to find you too :)!!!

Thank you all for being soooooo super sweet - you guys are awesome and I will miss being a part of this fabulous team!!! Hopefully in the near future I'll be able to join you again :)!?!?

Kelley - thank you for everything!!! I truly love your Scripture Stamps!!! Keep them comin' :)!!! Hugs ~S~

Dawn said...

I've loved working with you Betty and Silke...such inspiration you both are!!

I'm excited to be sticking around longer!!! And what a team! Woot!!!

Donna said...

Thank you to all the designers for this year's lovely projects. Betty & Silke-thanks and best wishes & blessings for your future ventures. Welcome to the new design team members. Looking forward to 2010!

Kelley said...

I am so going to miss you girls! You are all so awesome! I joyfully welcome all the new girls!! Yeah!!!

JssMcr said...

Hello there,
I have visited all the sites and left a comment except Kathy, Grace, Angela Z and Debi, the system would not let me leave a comment. Thank you for this opportunity.
Jessie

pacools said...

It would be very hard to pick my most favorite stamp set there are so many I cherish. But God Bless America has a very special place because while my son was in Iraq I used it several times to let him know I was thinking of him. He is home safely by God's riches blessings.