Friday, January 22, 2010

Flashback Friday Favorite - Jesus

Lamb of God. Messiah. Immanuel. Lord. Son of David. King of Israel. All are known as Jesus. Why the different names? Each name was given in reference to the different aspects of who He was, what He would be and what He would do.

Likewise, in each gospel, whether John, Mark, Matthew or Luke, Jesus and His life are portrayed differently. He was described as heroic, a man of action and deed, a manifestation of the eternal Word. To so many of us He is our Lord and Savior. He is the one we turn to in times of joy and in times of sorrow. We look to Him for guidance. We turn to Him for forgiveness and acceptance.

No matter the different names He is referenced by, He is Jesus, the very basis of our faith and Kelley's tribute to Him in the Jesus set is breathtaking!







1 comment:

My Paper Adventures said...

Hi Lorelie!

I was trying to post a comment on the part of the ODB BLOG, and I couldn't because I am the only person without a BLOG. It will not let "anonymous" people leave a message.

Today's writing about Jesus and the beautiful stamp set ODB sells with several beautiful and MOST importantly---SCRIPTURES.

I wrote my comments---if you think they are worth uploading, will you please? IT was so touching to me.

Thank you so very much! You have beautiful work and lots of lovely colors!

He IS Able,
Traci S.
(here and at SCS)
Here they are:

I loved what I re-thought about when I read this page. (I could read it again!) I love this stamp set so much! For if it wasn't for the scriptures in this set, would we even think about the others?

I Praise the Lord for having a PERSONAL Lord and Saviour!

Thank you for having your blogs available to us!


In His Love,
Traci S.