Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Special Request Set ~Contest Announcement!

Hello everyone!
We interrupt our normally scheduled "Time With" Posts to bring you an annoucnement !

As part of our celebration of our new "member company" status on Splitcoaststampers, we are going to have a contest!

We’re taking “special requests” for a new Scripture Stamp Set! This contest will be open until Feb. 15th.

Tell us the Scripture verse you most would like to use on a card and leave it on this thread on SCS or email it to Kelley at kelley@ourdailybreaddesigns.com by Feb. 15.  Please enter the entire verse and the scripture reference.

We will choose 6 Scripture Verses and if you are the FIRST to submit that verse, you will get the set free, and have your name listed on the set as contributor! You will receive your set before release to the public, and be offered the chance to make a sneak peek card to be displayed on the ODBD Blog prior to the release. The sets should be ready mid April (Lord willing). Please be sure to leave your contact information with your submission. If you are uncomfortable leaving your email address on the thread, please send your submission to Kelley at the above email address.

We can’t wait to see your submissions and this set will be truly a special, first of it’s kind “Special Request” Set!

Please note:
ODBD reserves the right to use a different version of the verse, or shorten it as needed in order to fit on a stamp in a set of six… without losing the overall meaning of the verse. Please keep “length” in mind when submitting requests.









12 comments:

Angella D. Crockett said...

This is such a fabulous idea!!!! What a total blessing this set will be, I am sure of it!!!

Laurie in MN said...

Proverbs 22:9
A generous man will himself be blessed.

I thought it would be nice for thank you notes.

Laurie in MN said...

Laurie in MN
mnstampinmom@aol.com

Grace of Gracenotes4Today said...

My verse is:

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."

Jeremiah 29:10-12

I have used this verse on cards and bookmarks. I love using it as a reminder of God's providence over our lives. Young people, especially need to know this verse.

Grace of Gracenotes4Today said...

Ooops, nearly forgot my contact info. My verse is in the above post, Jeremiah 29:10-12.

gracebaxter2004@yahoo.com

Thanks for the opportunity!

mimiburroughs said...

Job 33:4
"The Spirit of God has made me; the breath of the Almighty gives me life."
This is the scripture that I have claimed as my granddaughter's verse. She was born 3 months early and is one GIANT miracle!!!

Jackie Burroughs
jackie_burroughs@yahoo.com

Sabine said...

There are so many....
Psalm 16:11
In Your presence is fullness of joy;at Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.
(New King James Version)
This is one of my favourite and I would love to share this one through a card!!!

Sabine said...

OOhps!!I forgot my contact info:
Sabine
sabi_edelmann@hotmail.com
Psalm 16:11 (see above)

anita.holden said...

I would love to see the names of God in a stamp set. Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace, Elohim, Jehovah Jireh, Jehovah Nissi, Adonai, El Elyon, Zur, Provider, Banner, Love... Any selection of these... Maybe the meanings matched with them where applicable.

Thank you for allowing us to have input!!

Anita
aholden@va.metrocast.net

Sarosa said...

I was reading a fiction book in which the main character throughout it, who has lost everything, remembers this scripture. It's a bit long, so I didn't plan to suggest it, but it keeps coming back to my mind, perhaps because of all the devastation in Haiti, so I decided to suggest it after all:

"Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Savior."
Habakkuk 3:17,18

(Verse 19 continues: "The Sovereign Lord is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to go on the heights."

I think I like the reminder that we can praise God not just when the difficult things happen, but when complete calamity strikes.

It could also perhaps be shortened:
"Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though ... the fields produce no food, and there are no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Savior."

Marsha said...

Phil. 4:19 And my God shall supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.


mkdrain@gmail.com

Marsha said...

Here is another verse that I would like to see in stamp form:
Living Bible: :" I will praise the Lord no matter what happens. I will constantly speak of His glory and grace. I will boast of all His kindness toward me. Let all who are discouraged take heart. Let us praise the Lord together and exult His name." Psalm 34:1-3

mkdrain@gmail.com