Thursday, January 14, 2010

Stamping In Time: On Assignment with Betty(SNTODBD01)!



It is time for the big reveal! I am Betty Wright also know as gbedwright at SCS. I have been designing with ODBD images for over a year. It is so wonderful to combine the passion I have for papercrafting with sharing my faith! I have wonderful news to share with you today! I am starting a bi-monthly ODBD assignment challenge starting today, here, at the ODBD blog! We will meet here the second and fourth Thursday's of the month for a new assigment challenge. We have a wonderful blog button to share, too. You can right click on the blog button to the right to sport on your blog if you would like! A big shout out to Kelley for having these designed for us! Thanks a bunch, Kelley!


This challenge is a little different from what you may be familiar with. Why? Well, first of all, it is an assignment challenge. Each week I will initiate a challenge to accompany a specific ODBD stamp set. If you do not have the set, do not fear. I will give a list of the stamp set I will use for the next time each time I post. In most cases you will have plenty of time to get the set.


This challenge assignment is also a little different because all entries will be entered to win a $15 gift certificate at ODBD for stamp purchases. I will choose one card each week that I feel "stands out in the crowd" so to speak. This person will win the gift certificate for the week. I will feature your card during the next challenge post plus we have a special winner button designed for you to sport. You can enter as many times as you like each two week period. The assignment challenge will run for almost two weeks from Thursday at 9 a.m. through Wednesday at 6 pm EST.


So, are you ready to play? I sure hope so! This week we are going to focus on two very popular stamp sets in the ODBD store.



Scripture Collection 1 and Scripture Collection 2








Each of these sets are available for purchase here. You can buy both and save on bundle pricing.



The Challenge Assignment!



This week we are using Scripture Collection 1 and Scripture Collection 2. You can pick one of your favorite scriptures from either set to use on your card. Our challenge this week is word spotlighting. Come up with creative ways to highlight or focus on key scripture words! In addition, but not required, you may choose any other ODBD image set on the card. Please load to your blog or online gallery using the keyword SNTODBD01.



For my card I am using basicgray wassail dp, sheer ribbon, and a gold metallic dew drop on my ribbon flower from the ODBD store. I also used the MS butterfly punch and Ranger antique linen and vintage photo inks. More card information can be found at my blog post.


You have until January 27th at 6 pm EST to complete this assignment challenge! Looking forward to seeing what you create! Be sure to link your card here at this post. Just make sure you use the keyword SNTODBD01 when posting to online galleries. Also feel free to combine this challenge with others.

Stamp set for January 28th Assignment Challenge will be Sing to the Lord stamp set!

Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a Blessed Day!








18 comments:

Angella D. Crockett said...

Ooooh, this is so exciting!!! I am so excited and can't wait to play!!! Thanks, Betty, for an awesome challenge and thanks to Kelley for all of the new fun stuff going on!!!! I can't wait to see what everyone creates for this!!!!

Holly aka Toy said...

*Squeal* I have both of these sets, thanks to Kelley! I am so playing! How fun!

Now if someone can just tell me how to put a badge on a wordpress blog :( Never have figured that one out!

Thanks, Betty!!

Dawn said...

so THIS is the big secret!! how EXCITING Betty!!! thanks to you and Kelley=)

Connie M. said...

Oh this is just sooo wonderful...how fun!! What a fab idea! I know Betty is going to ROCK this assignment! :) Can't wait to see what everyone creates!!

Chelsea - Wait for the Lord Cards leader said...

What an awesome challenge! Beautiful example! It is so nice that you let us know ahead of time which set you will be using in the next challenge assignment so we can get that set in time to play :) Thanks!
~Chelsea

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how fun~~ Can't wait to see more of your creations and play with this challenge!!!

America said...

This all sounds very exciting!!! Way to go Betty! You will do great with this assignment!! Your work is always elegant and truly inspiring-THANK YOU!! Cant wait to play!

Grace said...

Whoo-Hoo! I'm excited that you are doing this Betty! I can't wait to see what you will assign and create! I love your work and I know this is going to be fun!

Sabrina aka okimom2girlz said...

Betty, I amso excited that you are doing his challenge!!!! I actually saw it earlier on my blogger updates ans went to work....can you say excited :D:D:D
Here is my humble creation
http://sjbutterflydreams.blogspot.com/2010/01/happy-wednesday-afternoon.html

This was a fun one...looking forward to more. Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

dougnat said...

eeek Love this idea Betty! gonna have to order some new stamps!! darn it ;)

Francie G. said...

Love this new challenge! Thanks Kelley and Betty! Your creation is beautiful, Betty!

KathyJ (Wattle) said...

How exciting Betty!!!!!!!! You are going to be awesome and your creations are always incredible!!!!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Congrats Betty - on hosting this fun challenge!!! Your card is beautiful and check out all these pearls :) - love it!!!

Unfortunately I don't have these Set's - can you believe this - LOL??? Maybe next time :)!!!

Have a great evening!!! Hugs ~S~

Grace said...

Okie dokie.... I just had to play!
Here is my card

Dani said...

I love this challenge!!! What a great idea!! Here is my card:


http://countyourbeautifulblessings.blogspot.com/2010/01/multi-challenge-card.html

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What an awesome challenge!! You can go here to see my entry! Glad to have you still around Betty!!

Gini said...

This is my first chance at getting Blog candy. I do hope that I may be the one. My blog name is Lighthouse Gal and I collect Lighthouses and I do not have this set. So hope its me.

Shannan said...

I found this a little late in the game, but I have this set so I had to play along! Great challenge and I think this set is the perfect set to use!