Thursday, January 28, 2010

Stamping In Time: On Assignment with Betty(SNTODBD02)!




Thanks so much for everyone who played along last week! I realize that this challenge limits many who do not own ODBD stamps yet, but sometimes it is great to have a challenge that gets our customers to use their stamps in a fun way as well as have an opportunity to win a store credit for more stamps! Just another way to reward our customers! Also, since the challenge runs for two weeks and I let you know ahead of time which set I will use for the next challenge, there is plenty of time to order to get the set.


We have us a WINNER!
The first Stamping In Time Winner is Shannan! Her beautiful card seen here called Out of My Box. Shannan's card just appealed to me in several ways. I love the colors and all the wonderful details. I love the dimension Shannan used with the word spotlighting. Shannan mentions in her post that she generally does simple, clean cards, but decided to step our of her comfort zone and add more layers and detailing with this one. She was proud of how it looked as well she should be! It is beautiful! Please hop over and give Shannan some card lovin' at her blog! Shannan, please pm me at SCS under gbedwright for your $15 stamp set gift code! I will also send you a Stamping In Time Winner blog button for you to sport on your blog if you like! Again, congratulations!





It is time for another assignment challenge!





The Assignment: ODBD Sing to the Lord stamp set.

The challenge: Adding Dimension and Texture!

We are adding dimension and texture to our cards this week! I have added a whole lot to my card. You can add a little bit or a whole bunch it is your choice! Think of different ways to add dimension and texture. It is not just limited to embossing folders and pop dots. There are lots of ways to add dimension and texture.



I have paper pieced my flowers in the focal stamped image using the SEI First Kiss Pearl Paper. I used this same dp for the background of the card. This paper is gorgeous and has a subtle embossed flower and pearl sheen that is gorgeous. The additonal layer of paper piecing adds subtle dimension along with the dimension of the dp itself. I colored my birdie, cut him out, and popped him up for another way to add dimension.


Next, I sort of faux layered or pieced my die cuts. I layered the Spellbinders Grand 12" Lace Border with a piece of striped SEI Secret Rendevous Glitter Paper on the top and two additional layers of color beneath to give a paper pieced layered look. I also, pieced two other Spellbinder labels to creat a shadow effect on the central panel and more sections on the background label shape. These are NOT whole pieces of die cuts, but literally scraps that I die cut out and pieced behind the labels. I love this effect and use it all the time to get more umph from my die cuts as well as use some scraps! Yet more ways to get dimension and a different form of texture to a card.


I finished with even more forms of dimension and textures with pearls, metallic dew drops, bling, and ribbon! Now it is your turn to bring on the dimension and texture! I used the bow easy to get my fou fou bow. Here is Angie's pictoral tuturial with the bow easy! Check out my Stamping to the Wright blog post for more card commentary!



It is your turn to play! Here are the guidelines!


  • You must use the assignment stamp set listed! Other stamps allowed, but this needs to be the focus!
  • Use keyword code SNTODBD02 when linking to SCS or public gallery.
  • Be sure to use the Mr. Linky to be eligible for the gift certificate drawing!
  • If you use either your blog link or online gallery, please give an active ODBD Blog link.
  • The challenge runs from Thursday 9 am EST bi-weekly til Wednesday at 8 pm EST









Stamp set for January 28th Assignment Challenge is Footprints in the Sand set or Footprints single stamp.

Thanks so much for stopping by! Looking forward to seeing what you create! As always, thanks so much for Stamping In Time!




5 comments:

Grace said...

Beautiful card Betty and great challenge!!! Hope to play soon!

Angella D. Crockett said...

Thanks for another fun challenge, Betty!! Your sample is beyond gorgeous!!! Congrats to Shannan for winning the first challenge!

Dawn said...

beautiful card, wonderful challenge! I'll try to play along later

congrats Shannon!!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Betty - I love your card and the ODBD you've chosen this week!!!

Thank you for inspiring me this week!!! Hugs ~S~

Vickie Kertz said...

This card is beautiful. I love the colors and the layers! TFS