Monday, February 22, 2010

Product Review - Ultra Fine Flower Soft

Flower Soft introduced their brand new Ultra Fine Flower Soft at CHA last month.....I was lucky enough to be there and see it first hand! I was already in love with the original Flower Soft product and NOW the smaller size fiber sprinkles have caused me to fall in love all over again!!! Not only does the Ultra Fine allow you to embellish smaller images, but it can also be used to create solid textures which resemble fur, grass, sand, etc. or you can make your own fuzzy embellishments, such as ribbon or punched flowers! There are eight colors of the Ultra Fine Flower Soft to choose from....so far!!



Below, I will demonstrate how to get solid coverage using the Ultra Fine Flower Soft "Sage" and Scor-Tape for a grassy appearance. Since the Flower Soft glue dries very quickly, it was not a good option for covering this large surface (since I work very slowly!). So, I chose to use Scor-Tape instead.....less messy this way also!!


First step, I cut my cardstock to the size intended for the "grassy" area. Then I cut strips of Scor-Tape and layered them carefully onto the cardstock so that there were no spaces in between. After applying the Scor-Tape, I trimmed the excess around the edges of the cardstock. (You may want to use your Tim Holtz Non-stick Serrated Snip Scissors for this....the Scor-Tape is quite sticky!)


Once you've trimmed the excess tape, peel off the top layer of the Scor-Tape, revealing the adhesive. Once you apply the Ultra Fine Flower Soft, you will not see the tape lines.


At this point, you may apply ribbon if you like. Then, generously sprinkle the Ultra Fine Flower Soft over your project. (Using scratch paper under your project makes it easy to funnel the Flower Soft back in the container.) Firmly press the Ultra Fine Flower Soft into the adhesive panel....you want to make sure that everything is covered.


Tap off the excess onto your scratch paper and your "grass" is ready for your project!!! If you would like a more solid color, try using colored cardstock instead of white.


For my sample card, I have also used the Flower Soft Alpha Pots and Country-Taglets mini card-toppers as well. I used both Ultra Fine "Raspberry Fizz" and Ultra Fine "Citrus Crush" to embellish the bouquets. The verse is from a new ODBD set this month, "You Will Find Refuge". The picket fence is a border punch by Martha Stuart and the pearls are by Zva.

If you have never used Flower Soft products, check out Lorelie's awesome tutorial on how to embellish your projects and make your own bouquets with Flower Soft. For the Product Review on the Flower Soft Display Globes, click HERE.

So head on over to Our Daily Bread designs and check out the selection of Flower Soft products......grab some of your old faves plus some of the new as well. All Flower Soft products and accessories are the Super Special Sale items of the week, 15% off until Saturday, February 27 at midnight EST. (Sale price will be reflected in your shopping cart.)

Thanks for stopping by today!!! Hope your day is totally blessed!



Product Review Writer

6 comments:

Dawn said...

this is fabulous Ang!! a must have for sure!

Lori said...

Spectacular card! Thanks for the tutorial, I'm planing on ordering some of this with my next order.

Christy Farneth-Kerr said...

Wow !! this turned out beautifully.
What a great tut. I Just love flower soft:)

dougnat said...

OOO love it!! I need some of that Flower soft!

Grace said...

Beautifully done Angie! Love this new ultra fine and it was a great idea to use it as grass! Love it!

Anonymous said...

I left a comment at every disigner I could.