Thursday, February 11, 2010

Stamping In Time: On Assignment with Betty (SNTODBD3)!




Thanks so much for everyone who played along last week! .
We have us a WINNER!   It really is hard to choose because they are all so beautiful! 

This week's Stamping In Time Winner is Marcelle Schauer.  Congratulations!  While I loved all of Marcelle's wonderful textures and attention to details, it was her unique way she cut out and popped up sections of the focal image that grabbed my eye.  I love this unique look.  Beautifully done, Marcelle!  Check out her card link and give her some congrats!             Marcelle, please pm me at SCS under gbedwright for your $15 stamp set gift code information! Again, congratulations!



It is time for another assignment challenge!























The challenge:  Buttons!  Find ways to incorporate buttons with this set.  You can dress them up or go very casual.  You may even create some unique way to use buttons in your design! 



For my card I chose to focus on the poem.  I am using Basicgray Origins dp.  I stamped the poem directly onto one small leafy patterns that come in the pack.  I layered with one of the grid and floral pieces.   I layered  the Spellbinders Grand 12" Lace Border with a piece of solid garden green cardstock, one of the yellow printed papers from this paper pack and one of the smaller darker prints.  I love this diecut bordered layered.  I added my buttons with punch twig detailing.  I dressed up my buttons a bit with a gold pearl.  I finished my card with a larger button, gold pearl, and gold cording.  Just so you know, ODBD has some basicgray buttons on clearance!    Please check out my Stamping to the Wright blog post for more card commentary! 


It is your turn to play! Here are the guidelines!

  • You must use the assignment stamp set listed! Other stamps allowed, but this needs to be the focus!
  • Use keyword code SNTODBD3 when linking to SCS or public gallery.
  • Be sure to use the Mr. Linky to be eligible for the gift certificate drawing!
  • If you use either your blog link or online gallery, please give an active ODBD Blog link.

  • The challenge runs from Thursday 9 am EST bi-weekly til Wednesday at 8 pm EST

Stamp set for February 25th Assignment Challenge is Flourished Christian Symbols

Thanks so much for stopping by! Looking forward to seeing what you create! As always, thanks so much for Stamping In Time!






4 comments:

Ms. Jen said...

I gotta hurry up and order my stamps so I can play too! This card is divine. I just love the colors and sentiment always make you feel warm inside.

Angella D. Crockett said...

Another awesome challenge, Betty! (I should be receiving this set in my order tomorrow and hope to play this weekend!!!)What a gorgeous card sample....total yum!!! (I used those very papers today for my Bible Verse Thursday card!)

And a great big congrats to Marcelle.....way to go, sweetie!!!!

Dawn said...

Congrats Marcelle!!!

great challenge and beautiful card Betty!

Joyce said...

Your card is so unique. Gorgeous!