Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Time With Dawn Lusk

Good Tuesday morning everyone!  I hope you have had a blessed weekend and have been hopping along on our Blog Hop seeing all the fabulous creations the Design Team has created with these FABULOUS new sets!!!

Today we have a special treat for you... just in case you need MORE inspiration for what you can do with these new Our Daily Bread designs sets!  We're spending time with the amazingly talented Dawn Lusk!  Not only does she have a great project... but she also has shared the words to one of my favorite old hymns!  I hope you enjoy this as much as I have!!!

Here's what Dawn has for you:


Under His wings I am safely abiding,
Tho' the night deepens and tempests are wild,
Still I can trust Him;
I know He will keep me;
He has redeemed me, and I am His child.
Under His wings, under His wings, Who from His love can sever?
Under His wings my soul shall abide, Safely abide forever.


One of my favorite old hymns...and this set makes me think of it.

I'd like to share this tile coaster set I made with Our Daily Bread designs newest release, He Watches Me, Nest, Sing for Joy and You Will Find Refuge. I just adore these sets as I love feeding and watching these particular birds. (The Sparrow tile has Amazing Grace Hymn also from ODBD). The images are beautiful and the verses so versatile.




You can purchase "raw" tiles at your local home improvement store. You want the tiles without a finish on them. What I did was stamp my image and verse on tissue paper. (make sure image and verse fit...draw a 4x4 square on copy paper, place your tissue paper over it so you can see just where your stamping will go! ask me how I know! LOL)

Then I colored with Copic markers. Once colored, I roughly tore around the images, that way when you apply your Modge Podge it'll blend into the tile easier rather than seeing straight lines! I just smeared a little MP on the tile with my finger to hold the tissue, then carefully smeared more MP with my finger sealing the tissue to the tile. Once they were thoroughly dry I sponged the edges with Distress inks.



Thanks for stopping!
Dawn

Thank you so much Dawn!  I just love these coasters and they are a definite on my list for gifts for family and friends!  Why not stop by Dawn's Blog for a few more peeks at what she's been up to! Leave her a little love while you're there!
 





Design Team Coordinator

5 comments:

Angella D. Crockett said...

Wow, this set of tiles is totally amazing!!! Each is colored so beautifully! Thanks, Dawn, for the inspiration!! God Bless!!

Sandee said...

Beautiful tiles Dawn! I will have to try this!!!!!!

jeannen2 said...

These coasters are gorgeous! What a nice idea for these stamps!

Chelsea said...

This set is incredible! WOW! Thanks so much for sharing the process... I need to give these a try! :)
Chelsea

StampinCathy said...

WOW! The DT is just amazing and so inspiring. The sets are amazing. Thanks for letting me hop along.