Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Time With Julie Warner

Hello everyone!  Welcome to another Tuesday at Our Daily Bread designs... that special day when we spend time with one of our talented Design Team Members!  Today we have a treat for your senses... Julie Warner is sharing a card she made with one of our brand new sets!  Here's what Julie has to share with you today:



Hello everyone! I'm excited to be here and I want to share one of the new ODBD February release images: Nest.

One of the most often asked questions is "Where do you get your inspiration?" It's a good question but there isn't a one-size-fits-all answer. For me, it usually starts with the image then an idea will usually follow. This idea is almost always connected to color. I love color.

The idea for this card started with the image of the nest and the picture that kept appearing in my mind was Robin's egg blue eggs. As I thought about it, I remembered this pretty ribbon I bought last week. Ah hah! The ribbon is the color I saw so the connection was pretty obvious. After that, the rest sort of fell in place. I continued the theme with the fleur de lis embossing folder on the background. It looked a little plain so I added some redwood brown embossed diamonds randomly on the turquoise blue.

The nest image was stamped and I added just a little color using Prismacolor pencils. I cut it out with a Spellbinders circle nestie and used an out of the box Nestie technique I came up with last year. A little ink was sponged around the circle and I used the Labels 3 to cut the brown frame and used foam tape to give the image and frame a little lift.



The sentiment was done the same way and cut out using the smallest Quickutz oval that I extended to go the length of the sentiment. It's attached to one of the Spellbinders Fancy Tags. Underneath the sentiment and wrapped on the sides of the frame is the ribbon that inspired the colors.

Thanks so much for stopping by! Remember to keep your eyes open; inspiration is all around us!






Supplies:
stamps: ODBD- Nest
paper: redwood brown, turquoise blue
ink: Adirondack ginger
accessories: Prismacolor pencils, ribbon, Cuttlebug fleur de lis embossing folder, Spellbinders small std Circles, Labels 3 and Fancy Tags sets, foam tape, Quickutz nesting Ovals set

 If you forgot to check... scroll down to Monday's post to see who won the prizes for our Feb. release Blog Hop!  Thanks for stopping by and have a blessed week!!!





Design Team Coordinator

6 comments:

Angella D. Crockett said...

Wow, Julie! What an awesome card! I love the Out Of The Box technique and the gorgeous ribbon! Beautiful work, as usual!!! God Bless!

Dawn said...

Julie, you're the Queen of Out of the Box!! wow... beautiful!

Karen W said...

This is very cool, wonderful color combo and great layout.

Becky said...

This is gorgeous..Love the colors you choose.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Julie!! Love all the blue and the out of the box technique!! Stunning details and ribbon!

Davi said...

WOW this is amazing. The colors, wonderful texture and layers and fabulous!!