Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Time with Kathy

Hello everyone!  I hope your week is off to a great start and that you are basking in God's goodness!  Today is the day we spend time with one of our talented Design Team, and I am so glad to share with you what Kathy has to show you today!  I'm just in love with this set!  Hope you enjoy it too!  Here's what Kathy has for you:


Nesting with Kathy

 
Hello everyone!!!  Today I have made a Gable Box and matching card set to showcase the February released set called Nest.  I thought these would be great to give some one moving into a new home and you can fill the Gable Box with all sorts of goodies.  I found the tutorial for the Gable Box at SCS in the resources section if you want to try it yourself!  :)

I took a piece of yellow bazzill and cut, scored and taped it according to the tutorial at SCS.  Then I cut four pieces of Wisteria DSP for each side of the box and glued them down.  Next I added a piece of white cut with the Label 6 Nestabilities to the middle of the front panel.  I stamped both the sentiment and nest image from the Nest stamp set in Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured it with markers and a blender pen and cut it out and popped it on top of the die cut.  I added the sentiment to the box and adhered a purple button and gold cord to the end of it and finished off by adding a couple of cream pearls below the nest and tied the top of the box with some purple satin ribbon.

For the matching card I started with a base of purple bazzill and layered with yellow and some Wisteria DSP.  The square panel is more Wisteria matted with yellow and I've stamped the sentiment from Nest in Memento Tuxedo Black directly to the paper and then tied some purple satin ribbon across the bottom.  Over the top of the ribbon I've added another white Label 6 die cut and popped up another nest the same as above.  To finish I added some cream pearls to the top corner, under the sentiment and added a bow made with the Bow Easy and tied a button on top with some gold cord.

I hope you've enjoyed stopping by and nesting with  me for a while!
Hugs
Kathy  :)

Thank you so much Kathy!  I am a big fan of yours!  This Wisteria paper is also one of my favorites, as is this fabulous nest image!!! Please leave Kathy some love, and then hop by her blog to see what else she's been up to!

Have a blessed week!!!  Don't forget to check out our weekly challenges by clicking on the "Latest Challenge" box in the right side bar, or simply scroll down to Saturday's post.  Also, be sure to be checking out the Design Team's blogs all this week!  We'll be giving you some sneak peeks at the fabulous new sets Kelley will be releasing Mar. 1!  
Design Team Coordinator


6 comments:

Angella D. Crockett said...

Beautiful work as usual, my friend!!! Love the papers you chose and your details are always perfection! God Bless!!!

Merilee Lane, Where Life is But a Dream said...

Really beautiful! Thanks! :0)

Dawn said...

Just beautiful Kathy!!!

Karen W said...

Just beautiful. Some new ideas for that set!!

Annette said...

Beautiful creations Kathy, love the Wisteria paper too, take careX:)

Kelley said...

So pretty, Kathy!!