Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Time With Connie


Hello everyone!!!  Where did this weekend go?  I hope you had a wonderful weekend!  Since it's Tuesday, it's time to spend time with another of our very talented Design Team members, and today we're spending time with Connie!  Isn't this the prettiest card?  Here is Connie's explanation on how she created this beauty!


Hello all!! Today, I decided to create a card using some Tim Holtz Alcohol inks!! I just love playing with alcohol inks!! My mixture for behind the verse and the card background uses a bit of Meadow, Lettuce, Denim, and Silver mixative. Love how it can create a polished stone look on some Glossy white paper!!

Once the ink was dry, I heat embossed both the Vine border and the verse, which is from the Scripture collection 3 set released last week! To embellish the card I added a layered cross from the Spellbinder's Cross Collection. I then paper pierced a border around the card, added some black brads and light green crystal gems. To finish it off I added a bit of black ribbon.

Thanks so much for visiting today! I hope you have a wonderful day!!

Connie

Card Details:Images: Scripture 3, Vine Border
Paper: Shimmery Green paper, Glossy White, Basic Black
Inks: Versamark, Meadow, Lettuce, Denim Alcohol Inks
Accessories: Paper Piercer, Spellbinders Cross Collection, Light Green Gems and Brad, Black Brads, Black Satin Ribbon

Thank you Connie!  That alcohol ink sure makes a vivid and fabulous look!  Thanks for the inspiration!  


For a chance to see what else Connie has been up to, please visit her blog!  It's sure to please!


Thank you all for stopping by today!  Have a most blessed week!




Design Team Coordinator

6 comments:

Angella D. Crockett said...

Oooooh, Connie, this is so awesome!!!! Your marbled background is just stunning and the black embossing really stands out! Beautiful work!! God Bless!!!

Dawn said...

I just love your polished stone Connie! beautiful card!!!

PamS said...

This is a gorgeous card.

Dani said...

Very striking! I love it!!

Natalie said...

Ah, you've inspired me to pull out the alcohol inks again!! You've made a beautiful card!

JoAnn said...

When I first looked at your card my first thought was I love the colors. Then I read that you made that color or color combo. You done a great job!! I love it. The cross is beautiful. Your a lady full of talent!