Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Tuesday Time With Grace, a sad goodbye and a happy hello!

 Hello everyone!  Today being Tuesday, it's our "Time With" day and it's my turn to share a project with you, but before I do that I want to take this opportunity to thank our Feb. and March Guest Designer, Chelsea Cook!  Chelsea has done an awesome job during her term here and has blessed us with her sweet Christian heart and spirit.  If you have not done so yet, please stop by her blog, Wait for the Lord Cards and check out the ministry she has with her cards!

While it's always hard to say goodbye.... it's also a happy time because we welcome a new Guest Designer,  Randi Barrett!  Many of you already know Randi and the more you know her, the more you will love her!  Randi will be with us in the bread basket for April and May!  Please welcome her and check out her blog, Randi's A New Creation as well!

This Tuesday,  I wanted to share a little project with you for my "Time With" spot.  With Easter almost upon us, I thought you might like a quick project idea that not only makes a beautiful presentation for an Easter Gift, but also gives a most wonderful message!  Who could resist this pretty box filled with some yummy Easter treats?  Here is my project:



I covered this  chipboard cross box with yummy shimmery designer paper from SEI (Chocolate).  It is a silvery paper with little gold sanded lines throughout.  It's so elegant!  I decorated it with the March release Our Daily Bread designs set  Easter Blessings (the Lily of the Valley) and The Lord has Risen (the sentiment).  I used the Spellbinders Fancy Tags which I sponged with Brilliance Platinum Planet Ink.  It really gives it a shine.  To make the Fancy Tag longer for the vertical panel I cut it and taped it to the back of the horizontal panel so it would better fill the cross. I then adhered them to the box with foam dots to give more dimension.  The Lily of the Valley is watercolored and then cut out, and sprayed with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Pearl for LOTS of shimmer! I added some white ribbon to the bottom of the flower.


For the side of the lid, I added some self adhesive paper ribbon from K&Co.  This little box holds 6 large Truffles.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  Please be sure to stop back on April 1 for a new release and a lot of fun for all!!!  Check it out right here at the Our Daily Bread designs blog on the first!

Meantime, I'd love to have you stop by my blog and see what else I have been up to!  I have a little sneaky peeky for you if you just can't wait for Thursday!

Have a blessed day!




Design Team Coordinator




9 comments:

Angella D. Crockett said...

What a beautiful project, Grace!!! I love every little detail!! Thanks for spending "Time With" us today!!! God Bless!!

jhet said...

Such a nice project, Grace! And a clever idea to extend the fancy tags! :)

Thanks for sharing. May God bless you more!

Candace said...

Grace, this is GORGEOUS!!! I can't wait to see the things Randi creates for ODBD!

Sandee said...

Grace this is beautiful!

Chelsea we will miss you!

Randi a big welcome to you!!!

Lori said...

I commented on your blog already, but wanted to let Chelsea know how much I enjoyed her work the past 2 months. Yipiee, for Randi! Congratulations!

marcelle schauer said...

Fantastic project, I just love it. Where did you ever find the box, it is great. This is so worthy of recieving from someone, nice job.

Chrissy D said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS box, Grace I love it!

Natalie said...

Beautiful box, Grace. So excited for Randi, she is a precious gift to us! And I know she's thrilled to be the guest designer!!

Dawn said...

hugs Chelsea, welcome Randi...

beautiful project Grace!!!