Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Time With Becca

Good Tuesday morning everyone!  Today we are spending time with Becca!  She will blow you away with her gorgeous project today! What a treat it is to share this with you!


Enjoy!


Scripture Kits


When Kelley published the Scripture Collections this year I knew I wanted to do something with the entire collection. The collection all together is so inspiring so I thought to make a booklet out of them. While shopping in the Office Supply store, I came across some name badges and I thought they would make perfect pages for the book. The more I thought about it, I envisioned a little booklet that you could easily slide in your purse or carry in your car to pull out and read in those snippets of free time. I tried to make mine a little but fun by putting a cute tag on the kit, meant simply to bring a smile!

When someone is accustomed to getting your cards, what a wonderful surprise to get a little gift that can be used over and over. I always want to make sure that I'm "using" the stamps I receive and this one sure hits a home run in that respect. This was certainly a project that I had a lot of fun with! Here are the steps I took to make these little kits.


I started out by purchased the ID Badge Holders. Mine came from Office Depot and can be purchased in packages of 12.

My kits each have 10 pages so for one of the kits I cut 20 pages that are 2.5"x3.25" each. Then I prettied them up by using corner punches and border punches. On the kit that I'm showing today I used the same punch on each page. On the other kit I made, I used a different border on each page - both kits have a very different look.

Then I laid out all the different scripture I wanted to include and tried to pair together the horizontally written verses and pair together the vertically written verses.


This is the other side of each page so you can get an idea. Once paired, I inserted each pair into a plastic sleeve.

Once I had all the pages stacked how I liked them, I found two round paperclips and made my own jump rings to bind the pages together. This could easily be done with ribbon as well.


This is what I ended up with. To take it further, I simply embellished the top of the book with ribbon so that the pages could be easily removed from the box.


I fashioned a box from cardstock, but this would also easily fit into a little tin, or a baseball card holder. Later next week I'll publish the dimensions for this box over on my blog, www.amazingpapergrace.com.

To finish up, I thought up possible tags to go on the kit and generated them on my computer.
I spaced them out so that they could easily be cut with my Nesties.

Hint: The scripture stamps contained in Scripture Collection 3 and Scripture Collection 4 are perfect for this project - they all fit the 2.5" x 3.25" page size the book calls for. There are several stamps in Scripture Collection 1 and Scripture Collection 2 that fit as well.

Here are the supplies I used:

Stamps: Our Daily Bread Designs - Scripture Collections 3 and 4 and select stamps from Scripture Collections 1 and 2
Paper: Papers from my Scrap Bin
Ink: Versafine Black Onyx and Clear Embossing Powder
Accessories: Assorted Martha Stewart Border Punches and Corner Punches, ID Tag Holders, Ribbon, Jump Rings or Paper Clips, Spellbinders Labels 13 (for lid on box), Spellbinders Tags Five


Thank you so much Becca!!!  What a great idea you shared today and what a beautiful use of the Scripture sets!  Please take a minute to leave Becca some love and be sure to visit her Blog... it is FULL of Amazing PaperGrace!


I hope to see you Saturday morning, 8am for the May Release Blog Hop, right here on the ODBD Blog!  'Til then, have a great week!



11 comments:

Angella D. Crockett said...

What a fabulous project, Becca!!!!! Thanks for the instructions.....what a wonderful gift idea!!! Blessings!!

JPScraps said...

Great project!!

Dani said...

Oooooh! This is such a wonderful idea! Thank you for sharing!! :)

LADY BEVERLY said...

This is such a neat idea! I have a group of friends from church who would love this!

Thanks for sharing!

Bev

Karen W said...

She is totally amazing and I wish we could clone her to sit beside us every day, LOL

Becky said...

I was just thinking on doing something like this so this came at the right time :). I love this, they are gorgeous and a great blessing to whoever receives them.Thanks for always being so generous by sharing your talent..

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous! I bought some of those badge holders and never used them for anything! Great idea!

Dawn said...

Awwwesome Becca!

Ellen said...

This is wonderful! Thank you for sharing it!

Clarissa said...

Thanks Becca for a wonderful project, and great inspiration to promote the scripture sets. Well done!

Sarosa said...

What a fabulous idea! I made a scripture memory book with my bind-it-all years ago, but this is a much better idea, thanks so much for the inspiration!