Monday, May 17, 2010

Product Review - Prima Flowers

This week's Product Review is on some of the new Prima flowers....I was so fortunate to be able to try out three of the new paper flower sets. I had the BEST time doing this Product Review!!! Though I have enjoyed every review I have done thus far, there is something about flowers that flips my switch!!! Not only does Prima have the most gorgeous, realistic looking flowers, but there are sooooo many different styles and sizes to choose from.....natural, elegant, fancy, colorful & bright, artistic, and many more!


Something else I love about the Prima Company, they also make their packaging inserts recycle-able!! The wedding card shown below utilizes one entire insert from a package of Prima flowers. In the spirit of recycling, for the flower feature here, I actually de-constructed two of the "Alabaster Round Petal" flowers in order to use the center buds only. (I will definitely use the larger flower pieces later!) Though the gray leaves were punched with a Martha Stuart punch, the green leaves you see are from the back of each flower....I thought, why not utilize every part of this flower since I'm just going to glue them down anyway? The leaves matched the green packaging insert perfectly!!

Other elements used for this card: the scripture verse is from the ODBD set, "For The Graduate" and the Congratulations sentiment is from the ODBD set, "As You Graduate", stamped on a Spellbinders Fancy Tag. The center of the packaging insert was cut out with a Spellbinders Labels Four die, then layered and popped up. Lace ribbon, Zva Creative Pearls, and lots of Glimmer Mist, and it was ready to go!

To match the gray elements in the card, I sponged the edges of the flowers and then sprayed them heavily with Pearl Glimmer Mist....aren't they shimmery and gorgeous close-up? What I love about the paper flowers is that you can alter their colors very easily with inks, watercolors, Glimmer Mist, or many other coloring mediums.



For my next sample, I used Prima's Evelyn Baby Lilies. Each package of these lilies has six colors, one small and one large of each color. I had fun combining three colors of the lilies for this card, to match all of the shades in this Basic Grey "Sugar Rush" designer paper.


Other elements: the ODBD set, "God's Hands", Zva Creative Pearls, May Arts Satin Ribbon tied with a Bow Easy, EK Success Scalloped Scallop Border Punch, and Pearl Glimmer Mist for a grand finale!


Here is a close-up of the lilies. These are so realistic....I love the colors and the spots and the centers!! I've got to get some more of these!!!




My third sample today is to feature some of the "artistic" flowers by Prima, called "Gallery Roses Quillen". I have to admit....I didn't think that these were up my alley, until I grabbed an ink pad and a sponge dauber to highlight the petals......then came copious amounts of Pearl Glimmer Mist and I was hooked!!


Other elements used: ODBD set, "God's Hands", Creative Imaginations "Real Wood" cherry paper, cut with Spellbinders Labels Eight, K & Co Que Sera designer paper, Basic Grey Pearls, and a Martha Stewart foliage punch.


Here is a close-up view. The paper flowers really take the ink well.....and Glimmer Mist too!!!



Too see more gorgeous Prima Flowers, re-visit Lorelie's previous Prima Product Review. Then stop over to the ODBD store and check out Kelley's awesome selection of flowers (and Prima designer papers to match)! All Prima Flowers are the Super Special Sale item this week, 15% off until Saturday, May 22nd, midnight EST.


Have fun with your Primas.....and don't forget to make something fun with the packaging!! God Bless!!

Blog Writer

6 comments:

Karen W said...

Just beautiful and I LOVE prima flowers they are so gorgeous.

Grace said...

Abloutely gorgeous samples Angie!!! I know you've made ME want every one of these new flowers!!! Gorgeousness everywhere I look this morning!!!

Dawn said...

AWEsome, awesome samples Ang!!!

Lori said...

Fabulous card samples! Great review, thanks, off to check out the store.

Christine said...

What an absolutely STUNNING post Angie! You really made the most of these flowers with such beautiful designs, every one of them. Wonderful inspiration!

Francie G. said...

Stunning creations, Angie! Beautiful, beautiful!