Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Time With Deb

Hello everyone! It's Tuesday and time to spend time with one of our talented Design Team members once again. Today, we are chatting with the talented Deb. Here is what she has to share with you:

Texture and Dimension

Hello once again! I'd like to show you some examples of adding texture and dimension to your designs!

My card today features Our Daily Bread design's new May release, "For the Graduate." What a marvelous set! Besides this serene scene, there are two Bible verses and two sentiments making up "For the Graduate."



I stamped the scene with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, my "go-to ink" to use when I Copic marker color. I used multiple Copic Sketch markers here, as well as some Prismacolor pencils, to color and shade the image panel.


After coloring, I die cut the image using two sizes of a Spellbinder's die. I taped the widest die cut flat to my design, then popped up the image panel die cut with double pieces of dimensional tape. In doing so, dimension and lift was added to my design along with the scene continuing onto the self frame.


The center panel running behind my image panel was paper crimped for texture. Using a crimper or Cuttle Bug folders are a quick and easy way to add interest to your design.
Another method of adding texture is to use textured paper. Our Daily Bread sells Prism textured cardstocks...perfect for adding interest to your design.


The Proverbs 3:6 Bible verse from "For the Graduate," along with gingham ribbon bow and tab, tie this design together!


Thanks so much for joining me today!
Deb

Thanks so much Deb! This card is truly beautiful and I love all the texture you achieved! Why not stop by Deb's blog to see more of what she's been creating, and please leave her some love for sharing this!!! See you next week, and don't forget to check out the ODBD Shining the Light Challenge as well as the Stampin in Time Challenges right here on the ODBD Blog! Just scroll down to see them!



Design Team Coordinator

2 comments:

Angella D. Crockett said...

What a gorgeous card, Deb!!! Awesome coloring and such a cool design!! Beautiful, spotless work, as usual!!!

Mickie said...

That is so neat, I love the popped up with te background extending beyond. Great work.