Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Time With Julie Warner

Hello everyone! I hope you had a wonderful weekend and are enjoying a great week! Time flies when you are having fun, doesn't it? We do have something fun for you to enjoy today! We are spending time with Julie Warner! If you don't know her work... you MUST visit her blog to see all the eye candy she has to offer! She has a beautiful graduation card to share with you today! Enjoy!

Hello and Happy Tuesday!

With all the graduations and graduation parties beginning, the May Graduation Sets from ODBD are just perfect. I love the calligraphy and inspiring words and the this bridge scene from For the Graduate is absolutely wonderful. I see many, many uses in its future!

For my Bridge to a Future card, I stamped the scene twice on ivory card stock with pigment ink and heat set. I added just a hint of color to the horizon to reinforce the dawning of a new future over the bridge to be crossed. I used a Spellbinders lg rectangle to emboss the edges and put the two together to extend my scene a little to fit my 4" x 7" ivory card. I added a layer of mint green textured card stock behind it and part of a wide lattice punch. It's attached to a piece from the Basic Grey Nook & Pantry collection, then to an ivory card.

I stamped the inspirational verse on ivory using a rainbow pad I made with chalk inks. (It's simply a blank Kaleidacolor pad and I added the ink colors with reinkers.) It was die cut with a Spellbinders Labels 4 die, left the die in place and sponged on a little ink. I made a backing for it out of more of the lattice punched ivory and added two strips of the cut off loop edge on the top and bottom.The pale peach flourishes are from the Spellbinders Fancy Tags die.

Thanks so much for stopping by! Be sure to give the graduates in your life a pat on the back for a job well done! May their futures be rosy!



Text Color



Supplies:

stamps: ODBD- For the Graduate
paper: ivory, textured mint, Basic Grey Nook & Pantry
ink: Colobox Silk Green pigment, various chalk inks
accessories: Spellbinders Labels 4, lg std rectangles and Fancy Tags sets, foam tape, Tombow markers & blender, Martha Stewart garden trellis punch


Thank you so much Julie! I just love this card and all your gorgeous framing!!!

Please stop by Julie's blog for more inspiration, and please leave her some love!!! We all love to hear from you! Don't forget to visit us on June First for the release of some REALLY special new sets!!!! You DO NOT want to miss this release, or the blog hop the DT will be doing for you! See you then!




Design Team Coordinator

4 comments:

Karen W said...

Wow this is fantastic!! I love it!

Wendy M said...

Stunning stamp and card xx

Angella D. Crockett said...

Julie, this is so gorgeous!! I LOVE how you extended the scene...you clever girl!! Beautiful work as usual, GF!! God Bless!!!

Sandee said...

So gorgeous Julie!