Tuesday, June 1, 2010

June New Releases! Four new stamp sets!

(This is a long post! Grab a cup of coffee, sit back, relax and read on.....)


Back in January when Our Daily Bread designs became a Member Company at Splitcoaststampers we decided to have a contest to celebrate the event. Readers were asked to submit their favorite bible verse that they would like to be made into a stamp. The ODBD Design Team voted and the verses were chosen. All the ladies have received their sets and have made cards using their chosen verse. I asked them all to tell me why they chose their verse.


And the winners are.....


Barbara Pace! Barb's verse is "The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God stands forever." Isaiah 40:8
"While everything in this world is only temporary, God's Word will never die. Men throughout the ages have tried to abolish the Bible and have failed (praise God). His Word is alive, and remains strong and true. Everything we need, we can find in His Word, whether it is His love, peace, strength or hope to carry on. We can always stand on God's Word, because God's Word will stand FOREVER! God is faithful, and He will never let us down."

Kim Mueller! Kim's verse is "Grace and peace to you from God our Father and from the Lord Jesus Christ." Romans 1:7
"When I picked up the Bible to pick out a verse, I prayed that the Lord would show me a verse. After a few minutes, I noticed a verse that Paul used in many of his letters as a greeting. I thought that if Paul uses it as a greeting for his letters then it would be so cool to use it as a greeting for my cards. And it's a great verse to use for anyone at anytime.


Tami Grandi! Tami's verse is "The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing." Zephaniah3"17
"Back in October 2002 I was working at a great school. However, the school where I had been teaching before had been a real struggle. It wasn't a good fit and so I had some rough times. The teaching job in 2002-2003 was a temporary situation but God definitely had His hand on me and placed me in that job to restore my love for teaching. Our church started the 40 Days of Purpose by Rick Warren and in one of the sermons that my pastor preached to correspond with the book he mentioned this verse- Zephaniah 3:17.

My heart just jumped at those words. He takes delight in ME. Then, our pastor explained the literal translation for the last sentence. It literally means that HE is twirling around in joy over us. He compared it to a father who takes his daughter and just dances with her in circles. I was blessed with an earthly father who is very godly (and a pastor) and knew how that felt- and to know that God was doing that! WOW!! then about a month later Dennis Jernigan came to sing at our church- and in the midst of his testimony he mentioned this verse again! And again, God grabbed me and said I NEED you to listen to me! This verse is for you. I ended up making it my email address so I have a constant reminder of it. But the story doesn't end there. One of my favorite songs is Mighty to Save- that song grabbed me in the midst of a health struggle and until that point I heard it, I liked it but had never put it with my verse until I was dealing with the possibility of some serious issues (I was in waiting mode). God has used this verse through His Word and through song to restore my heart and to look to Him."


Linda Borneman! Linda's verse is "I sought the Lord and He answered me; He delivered me from all my fears." Psalm 24:4
"I lost my mother to lung cancer in 2000 and my father being a leg amputee with heart issues left me feeling very anxious and afraid for more bad things or bad health issues to happen to me or my family members. So when I need extra strength to press on and trust in the Lord, I remember Psalm 34:4...and I thank God for His faithfulness."

Mickie Miller! Mickie's verse is "The Lord bless and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you; The Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace." Numbers 6: 24-26
"The reason I love that verse is because as I grew up in the church of my home town, every Sunday morning the choir would rise and start the service with the stanza: "The Lord bless you and keep you and make His face to shine upon you and be gracious to you." As a child, through my teenage years and into adulthood, I always thought that was so beautiful as it always started the service off so well. Needless to say as I began bible studies and discovered the verse in the Holy Word, it is a scripture that has always been close to my heart."

Terri McElwee! Terri's verse is "My health may fail, may spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; He is mine forever." Psalm 73:26
"That verse is very important to me because my son had texted this to me several weeks before he was in a car wreck and died. I am human so I was praying to God to give me some sign that he was with him. Several days later it was like someone tapped me on the shoulder and said go and read your message from Chris. I did and that told me everything."

Wow! Aren't those verses all so awesome! I am so blessed to be able to bring them to you. I thank everybody who submitted a verse for the contest! Here is the set, Scripture Series 1, which includes all the ladies verses!

The popularity of the Ironworks and Vine Border sets (that were released along with the 2nd Anniversary Scripture Collection sets 3 and 4) inspired me to design a border set to go along with the Scripture Series 1. It is called Fleur De Lis Borders! This set contains 3 Fleur de Lis frames and 2 motifs.


Are you still with me? I am not done yet...LOL!! There are 2 more sets to tell you about!


I have had numerous requests to design sets that can be sent from one individual to another, instead of the usual "ours to yours" theme. Being an avid gardener and flower lover I am so pleased to present to you two sets with one of my favorite flowers, the Fushia! Here is From Me to You!

The companion set to From Me to You, called God Loves You, carries on the same theme with a corner Fushia and some additional verses and sentiments.


Be sure to check back for Grace's post for the Our Daily Bread designs Blog Hop to see some absolutely GORGOUS cards made with all of these sets! You can enter to win one of the 3 prizes.......a $15 Gift Certificate for the store!

As always, I thank you all for your continued support of Our Daily Bread designs! May God bless you all!


Blessings,




14 comments:

Angella D. Crockett said...

Kelley, what a fabulous post!! The winners of the customer contest not only made some amazing cards with their verses, but their stories were so inspiring as well! Thanks for the awesome fuchsia sets this month too...I love 'em all!! God Bless!

marcelle schauer said...

This is such a moving post, all the ladies had me crying this am with their stories. The verses become more endearing and encouraging with a testimony that goes with it. I must certainly get this set, it will help me pray for these sweet women.

Grace said...

Oh Kelley thanks for sharing the stories behind why these verses are the favorites of our contest winners! They moved me this morning, and I love every one all the more knowing the special meaning they have! I thank you so much for making this wonderful set! All the ladies made such beautiful samples!!! I can attest personally to how great the borders are.... and the Fuschias are a delight to color and work with, and each and every sentiment is fantastic!!! THIS may well be your best release EVER!!! (I know I think that often... but really...)

Sarosa said...

Wow, how amazing! I just posted a card yesterday on my blog with Zephania 3:17! I had printed it off of my computer in French, but planned to make at least a couple of cards with it in English. Thanks so much!

Chrissy D said...

Ohhh beautiful - I agree AMAZING cards, beautiful testimonies. Praise GOD! Thanks for sharing these beautiful Scripture stamps!

Dawn said...

Congratulations to the Scripture winners...and thank you for your inspiring words too, a beautiful set thanks to YOU!

thanks again Kell for allowing me to be a part of this fabulous team and to work with such wonderful and meaningful sets month after month!

Sabrina aka okimom2girlz said...

Kelley, amen to everything that has been said already!!! I feel so very priviledged to be part of your team! When I first got the Scripture Series 1 and the Fleur de Lis Borders I just could not put them down, I used all 6 scriptures and made cards...each and every one of those scriptures is so very powerful and perfect for any occasion. Thank you ladies for turning those scriptures in and I am very moved by each and every story behind them. Thank you for sharing and Kelley thank you for making them available in stamps!! May GOD bless you!!

Lori said...

Ladies, your verses, cards, and thoughts are beautiful. Thank you all for sharing. Fabulous new sets, Kelley, can't wait to see more...

Barbara said...

Completed the Hop and am so inspired to get this new stamp set. Thank you!

Sandee said...

Oh Kelley! thank you so much for sharing these moving testimonies! I am so honored to be a part of this team where we can all lift each other up and know that we are loved! Isn't God amazing?!!! All of the cards are just gorgeous!

Wanda Cullen said...

It's so wonderful to hear the stories behind the fave verses...each time I read those verses, it will have a special new meaning. Great new collection of stamps, Kelley!

queenofnanas said...

I have been to every design. I have learned so much and seen some of the most beautiful cards. So much talent in everyone.

Cook22 said...

Those are such moving testimonies - it's lovely to know the stories behind the choice of each verse.

Lorelie Kim said...

I LOVE how each of the chosen scriptures are so near and dear to the lucky contest winners! It makes this set that much more special!! The power of God's words is ALWAYS at work!!