Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Product Review - Stamp-a-ma-jig!

Are you tired of "trial and error" when stamping? Do you get frustrated when your images are crooked? Fret no more.....the Stamp-a-ma-jig positioning tool is here to save you!!!



The purpose of the Stampamajig is to take out the guess work in stamping.....it helps you to line up and position your stamp exactly where you want it to go. The Stampamajig is also helpful for creating a stamped background with perfect spacing for the repeated images.
You can use wood blocks, acrylic blocks, or even some foam stamps depending on their shape. When using letter stamps, large or small, the Stampamajig helps you to line up the letters in each word perfectly....excellent for stamped titles for your scrapbook layouts....or any project, for that matter!

Each Stampamajig comes with one handle and one imaging sheet, however, packages of three imaging sheets may be purchased separately. When using my Stampamajig, I utilize all four corners before I clean the imaging sheet....as a time saver, however, if I use a large image, I will clean the sheet first to have a full view of the image. The imaging sheets can be cleaned with the same stamp cleaner you use for your stamps. If using permanent ink with your Stampamajig, you will need permanent ink remover to clean it.

The first photo shows a close up view of the non-slip surface of the bottom of the handle. The foam backing has two purposes: first, it keeps the handle from moving once you position it on your stamping surface....second, the foam creates a square corner for the imaging sheet to butt up against.

Are you ready to "Stampamajig"? First step is to place the imaging sheet squarely in the corner of the handle. (Please note: you can place the handle up, down, or sideways.....whichever is comfortable for you, as long as the imaging sheet is square in the corner of the handle.)


Next, ink up your stamp and stamp the image onto the imaging sheet, using the corner of the handle to line up your block. To make sure the imaging sheet stays square as I stamp, I will hold the handle with my left hand and place my thumb on the imaging sheet to hold it in place....this is not necessary, but only a little added insurance that your final stamp will be perfect.


**Helpful Hint: One way I use my Stampamajig is to find the correct Nestabilities size to use. After I stamp on the imaging sheet, I will place it over the dies to find just the right size for the stamp I want to use. If you are using anything but clear stamps, this works like a dream....no guess-work involved!

Next, line up the imaging sheet over the paper where it will be stamped. (When using small papers, you may want to use temporary adhesive on the back of the paper to make sure it doesn't move....if using a larger piece, the SAMJ handle will hold it in place.)


While holding the imaging sheet in place over your paper, move the Stampamajig handle into place so that the imaging sheet is square in the corner again.

This time you will hold the handle firmly in place and carefully lift off the imaging sheet.


Making sure not to bump or move the SAMJ handle, ink up your stamp again. Press down on the handle to hold it firmly in place and stamp onto your paper, using the corner of the SAMJ to guide your block.

Now you have a perfectly centered stamped image!!


I repeated the procedure to stamp my scripture verse inside the stamped border. Easy Peasy!!


In stamping, it's the little things that can make or break your project. I use my Stampamajig on nearly every thing I create.....it only takes a few moments to ensure perfect stamping every time!!

Card Details: For my sample today, I have used "Fleur de Lis Borders" and "Scripture Series 1", along with Basic Grey "Capella" designer paper, Spellbinders Fleur De Lis Pendant and Square Nestabilities, an EK Success Fleur De Lis border punch, May Arts Satin Ribbon tied with a Bow Easy, Zva Creative Pearl Dots, and "Dazzling Diamonds" Glimmer Mist for a shimmery finish!



Okay, so now that you know what a Stampamajig is for and how valuable it can be to your paper-crafting projects, head over to the Our Daily Bread designs store and treat yourself! The Stampamajig and the Imaging Sheets are the Super Special Sales items this week....15% off until Saturday, June 19, midnight EST. Once you start using your Stampamajig, you will wonder why you waited so long to try it!!

Have fun with your new toy! God Bless!



Product Review Writer

2 comments:

Sabrina aka okimom2girlz said...

Angie, thank you, thank you, thank you, for doing this product review/tutorial on how to use the stamp-a-ma-jig. I cannot use mine to save my life...thanks to you I will give it another try and hopefully have all of my sentiments and images straight ;D.Awesome job!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrin

Natalie said...

Fantastic tutorial, Angie!! I have a SAMJ and haven't used it much but thanks to your directions, I'll be using it more now! Thank you!