Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Time With Angie

Hello everyone! It's Tuesday and that's one of my favorite days of the week, because it's the day we get to spend time with one of our talented design team members. Today, it is my joy to spend time with someone whom you all know here at Our Daily Bread designs... our very talented and sweet Angie Crockett! You know her work well from her fantastic product reviews and her wonderful posts here on ODBD... so here's Angie!


Hey there! Today I would love to share a birthday card I made for a dear friend. I knew I wanted to make a trellis with the wide lace given to me by my friend and scrappin' buddy, Debbie Wallace....hi Debbie!! I started out by sponging the background scene....using scratch paper for masking, I sponged the grassy area, then sponged the sky using a SU cloud template. After paper piercing the edges, I added May Arts satin ribbon, topped with lace ribbon by Offray across the middle. I then adhered my "trellis", added punched leaves with a Martha Stewart punch and tiny paper roses by Zva Creative. The sentiment panel is a pre-printed Flower Soft Card Topper. Both oval layers were cut by hand, then stamped with my go-to stamp from the "Thinking of You" set, paper pierced, and embellished with Raspberry Fizz UltraFine Flower Soft. The pearls are by Zva Creative and the finished card was sprayed with Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Mist. The butterfly punch is also by Martha Stewart, topped with Zva Pearls, and hubby advised me where to place it!! Thanks, honey!! :)

Awwww.... not only is that project sweet... but Angie's honey is too! Thanks Angie for this inspiring project! I have to tell you I'm loving this one!!! That wide lace is gorgeous and those ZVA roses are so pretty... your signature piercing is always picture perfect... so I'd say this is a winner Angie! Thanks so much! Please leave Angie some love for all she does here at Our Daily Bread designs... and then pop on over to her blog to see more creativity!!!

Have a blessed week!





Design Team Coordinator

6 comments:

craftymom205 said...

Great card. Very elegant looking.

Cook22 said...

That trellis with the roses rambling up it is so beautiful and summery. Makes me want to be standing beside it smelling that lovely rose scent.

Randi said...

Awww, Angie, I LOVE this!!!

Dawn said...

a beauty Ang!!

Shawna said...

Gorgeous card! I love the lace trellis.

Anonymous said...

Hi Angie~

This is a gorgeous card, Angie! Everywhere I look--there is something beautiful!

Thank you for everything you do to help me/us with our cards and projects, to sharing Him & His Word in your blog, sharing some about your life...and sharing everything through your very lovely art.

You are wonderful and appreciated!

He IS Able,
Traci S.